Tuesday, September 25, 2007

One week old

It took me one week before I could adjust and finally place a post about my lil' one.

He was born exactly one week from today.

Since then, he has travelled from Kuala Lumpur, Subang Jaya Medical Centre to the home of my parents home in Ipoh, some 200 km away.

I can't say at this point if I am coping well. There are eager hands to take care of lil' Christopher and I have not been left alone long with him.

Nights are mine for the taking though....and even though sleepy as I may be, I relish my time alone with me son.

MY SON.....

It is good at the end of the day (or in the early hours of the morning) to be able to say that to myself and to him....

MY SON.....

Current characteristics
Requires a high level of cleanliness
Does not cry until he has finished poo-pooing
2 hour to 3 hour feed necessary (coz mummy hasn't increased his milk to 3 ounces yet)
Alert moments - 7 am, 1 pm and 11 pm (or thereabout)
Likes to look around (when he is alert)
Learning to frown when he is disturbed (opppsss....like mummy)

MY SON......

He has shown me that the capacity of the heart to love is never ending......

9 comments:

A gift from God said...

Dear Ann,

Congrats! I can imagine what you are going thru... sometimes you just want everyone to leave you alone.. and just let you and son have some alone time... Don't know about you...but i hate it when other's tells me you can do this or that..or you should only do this .... When i first gave birth.. I am very protective of my son...so much so that I get very jealous when people spend too much time with him..haha.. if you have that...well..it will pass... Can't wait for Cheah to show me the pics of your little angel! take care, try to take papaya soup ( papaya and shang yu) It works to increase milk supply and remember... do not stress yourself!

Ponytail said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Been waiting for a post from you about...The New Kid on the Block!
so that I can congratulate you online...hahaha
You are doing well for sure, 1 week only and can already come online...clap clap...
You are so right about the endless capacity of our heart to love, learn that as well when Zoe was born :)

Cecilia Koh said...

Hi Ann and Christopher
Congratulations. I can't wait to see his photos. If you need help please feel free to give me a shout. Look forward to seeing you both when you are back in KL.
Cecilia

simon said...

hah i was wondering how long before you could post again... pics! pics! pics!

Hooi Imm said...

Congratulations!! You lucky gal, at least you can sleep through the night since there are people taking care of your newborn.

Not so lucky for me here in the US.

Photos please.

Ann said...

Photos will be coming when hubby visits us again this weekend....

Using my dad's computer and it does not have the software to download the photos from the camera.

The New Parent said...

Hi A--Congrats! Sounds like pure joy. So where are the pics (smile)?

Daniel said...

Congratulations from Daniel & Wang Jiu. I want to join the bandwagon by requesting .... pics puhleez....
Take care!

Kathie "Moomykin" Yeoh said...

Congrats and welcome to the world of parenthood.

Your life will never be the same again!!

Enjoy every moment you have with him, alone or with a whole lot of buzz. Time flies and before you know it, you can't imagine how he had fitted into some of those tiny bably clothes. :)

Take care, dear ann, and rest while you can.

God bless.

p/s- waiting to see Christopher.