Saturday, October 13, 2007

For me to remember by....

It has indeed been a long time since I added an entry to my blog. Reason being in between baby's demands, I have mum to talk to and Chinese soap operas to watch!

Since my last entry, Christopher's umbilical cord has dropped. It happened after 19 long days. The final 3 days before it dropped was even longer and much filled with prayer as it was hanging by (literally) a thread of skin! But alas when it did come off the belly button was clean and nice! No yucky smell or blood or anything at all.....

Also since his umbilical cord dropped, I now dare to carry him against myself. This helps alot coz most evenings his cries are quite unconsolable except if his tummy is pressed against me (thank God for some post natal fat)! Guess he needs to keep his lil tummy warm! But some evenings it can get quite nerve-wrecking!

Also I learnt that my lil one is too used to quietness. Since he came to stay, grandma's place has been really quiet. The volume on the TV is at 4-5 bars - which means we just "watch" TV.....literally! And it has always just been the 3 of us with daddy occassionally coming home and having himself shushed by me or my parents half the time! So, this weekend when he received many visitors, he got really worked up.

Sigh.....really worried about the full-moon evening now when there would be about 60 people goo-gaa-ing over him! I think I will be like an eagle pecking at everyone who goes to close to him or like a mother hen clucking over him incessently!

My little one....

I try to do the best for him. But sometimes....just sometimes it seems nothing I do is good enough. It's a scary adventure, a tiring journey but in the still of the night, when he looks at you with his deep black eyes after a nice warm bottle, the adventurous journey seems all worth its while.

I cry....and I laugh.....and I pray like I have never prayed before.

3 comments:

Kathie "Moomykin" Yeoh said...

I too felt overwhelmed when Micah was first brought back from the hospital. I was so scared of messing up as a parent. But the grace of God helps us each day.

Enjoy your little Christopher everyday. :)

Mummy-yeoh said...

I went through the exact same feeling...and still is till today. Worrying that I might mess things up as a parent. As Moomykin puts it...the grace of God will help us through each day.

Most of all enjoy parenthood. It the best gift

Pat said...

Hey Ann, just want to encourage you - there were days when we felt like we're in a bottomless pit, unable to cope and unable to stand up again.

But we did pull through, and yes, there IS light at the end of the tunnel. When your little one grows a bit older and starts to develop a personality, and he starts to express his love to you, the tough times will be but a distant memory ...

Of course, the journey never ends, just different types of challenges at different stages..

Chin up, and may His Grace be with you always :)