There are many firsts in this...
1) The birthday girl is celebrating her first year birthday!
2) This is the first time I am going to a child's birthday party!
3) This is the first time I brought my son to a birthday party!
4) This is the first time I am totally BUSY and not just sitting around talking and eating!
5) This is the first time I am eating the BEST coleslaw EVER!
My son is the youngest in the crowd! He is the only baby still lying on his back while every other kid is already sitting up, crawling, clapping hands, holding their own bottles, eating porridge, drinking 7-8 ounces of milk in one sitting...etc.
Hubby said to our boy "Betta catch up, son!"
Yes, he has indeed many milestones more to achieve.
Looking at all the other kids, I feel my little one is so vulnerable. He was lying on the mat initially but I had to rescue him in case any of the kids accidently "trod" on him! And while all others were playing with all the toys, all he wanted to do was sleep!
And then I start to give thanks.....
That all he wants to do is sleep
That he still hasn't learnt how to crawl yet
That he is still is content to lie in my arms
That I have Simon and wy (whose kids are already big) to help me take care of my son
Cherish every moment, every smile, every sleeping hour...for tender moments are but fleeting!