Thursday, February 14, 2008

The best is yet to come....

The best is yet to come.....that was the thought that came as I prayed while waiting in my wedding car to make my grand appearance.

So when hubby passed me the mike to make my thank you speech during the wedding itself, something came over me and I spoke with no anxiousness at all...The best is yet to come, I know it....The best is yet to come.

Perhaps it was a revelation from God!

So...this phrase said, the months went by and it was forgotten.

Became pregnant and the phrase that touched my heart was How Great is Our God!

Became a mother....marriage became (admittedly) second rated. The kid no matter what his tantrums and whinnings becamse the priority. And I started to question how a marriage could survive a baby! Those who are close to me were bombarded with one personal question!

Then 2 things happened.

I had another revelation.
Many Sundays ago, my pastor preached about anger. How sometimes we get angry at our spouses for the misdeeds we were previously punished for when we were younger. So, we need to recognise this and put a stop to it (2 sentences summarized after a 30 minute sermon!).

I didn't understand how that was possible at first. But I do know that I have been getting very naggy and critical of hubby lately since the baby came. More than ever all the things he did AND did not do received some sort of remark from me! I thought I was just being particular and hubby didn't meet up to my standards! But I also knew that it was really bad for my marriage and really made hubby very sad.

Then last Sunday, in the toilet (of all places), it dawned upon me why I was reacting that way. It was because when we were young, we were always told not to procrastinate. To act boldly and not to be 'mousy' over any matter. We were 'told off' when we wanted to ask for something but didn't know all our facts related to the matter. And I realised that if I had to go through that kind of strict upbringing...why should anyone else be exempted from it!

Thus hubby (being the lay back nature that he is) got it really bad!

Then I also received another revelation.

This tape in my car has been going on and on.....and I have not (till this morning) paid much attention to the words! The tape is called "New Season - with Israel and New Bread". And the worship leader mentioned somethng that struck a cord in my heart this morning.

He said (paraphrasing) that when God gives us a fresh word, he also brings us into a new season. It may not always be a good season...but it is a necessary season!

And the song after was "Your Latter Will Be Greater".

And in that song....lies there words......The best is yet to come!

I look forward to this.
I believe I have a word.
A new season will come.
And yes....indeed
The best IS yet to come.

What therefore God has brought together, let no man seperate.
Not even if the 'man' is me!

4 comments:

KM said...

hi ann,
i enjoy reading your blog and at some point, i see myself, my actions and my words....

have a nice weekend!

Kathie "Moomykin" Yeoh said...

There are many hidden treasures in life. If we take time to slow down and seek them, then great is our reward. :)

Enjoy your family and treasure them.

U.Lee said...

Hello Ann, I was at Hooi Imm's place noticed your callsign and as used to know a SYT (sweet young thing) long ago with same name, but know can't be her as long ago, taking a peep here.
Enjoyed reading your post.
Allow me to say, the most wonderful of all things in life is the discovery of another human being with whom one's relationship has a growing depth, beauty and joy as the years increase.
This inner progressiveness of love between teo human beings is a most marvelous thing.
It cannot be found by looking for it or by passionately wishing for it.
It is a sort of divine accident, and the most wonderful of all things in life.
I have posted many stories about love and there is only one happiness in life. To love and be loved.
( I have been hurt to tears with love, of being betrayed, of losing, but life goes on, even though the wounds are deep, they heal with time, but the scars will remain).
And being a mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in any field, since the payment is pure love.
You have a nice day, Ann, best regards, UL.

Ann said...

km and u.lee - thanks for dropping by. have marked your blogs as favourties as well and will definitely start browsing!

kathie - yeah, we have to take time and enjoy each moment.