Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I need a break....

The pass few days....my 'Personal message' on my MSN was:

'Fever is back....I am close to breaking point'. This was posted on Monday after 2 sleepless nights.

Then when boyboy's fever subsided on Tuesday, my MSN showed 'Broken...yet to recover'.

(Un)Fortunately the broken one is me!

Kids being kids, they have a resilience and an affirmity for fun that is really wonderous!

I need a break.....a real holiday....maybe with hubby.

Ever wished you could take a break from being a mum? And even a wife?

Can we ever exist just being ME without any labels attached - daughter, mum, wife, sister...

But I think I will miss my son. No matter how bad the arguments between husband and wife, a kid's smile/sickness takes away all forms of silence. And no matter how bad the day, a smile from my son can really cheer me up tons!

But February has indeed been a trying month. Perhaps there are sunnier days ahead....

Welcoming in March.....

6 comments:

Julie said...

The days ahead are always brighter depending on how you perceive it.

Have a break just you and hubby even for an hour. Let me know if you need a babysitter. :P

I'm fortunate that my sis stay next door. We are each other's eveready babysitter.

andrewjune said...

it's really GREAT to have some time on your own sometimes, taking care of our baby can be very tiring at times (even more tiring during her/his sick days!)...
it helps if we hv another helping hand ie in-laws, babysitters, maid or even our hubby!
when i hit a roadblock, and seeing my girl girl's photo either on my laptop or handphone, she just swept away all my problems and troubles (but can't eliminate the wrinkles away...yet!) :-)

HI said...

Being a mother changes everything, yeah...:-) I also wish I could take a carefree vacation with the hubby but I know that we will miss Olivia if we do that.

Even when we have to leave her with the in-laws to go for lunch with some friends for a few hours, I already felt guilty and missed her so much.

Being here alone without any relatives, it's a challenge for me, even to get a 1 or 2 hr break.

Ann said...

Julie - you are indeed a lucky gal to have a permanent bbsitter that you can trust!

June - yeah...looking at a photo of boyboy really takes all the troubles away...but not the white hair!

HI - yeah...gotta say for you being away without relatives must be hard. But at least you have hubby's side of the family!

Kathie "Moomykin" Yeoh said...

I know what you mean. I't actually worse if you're sick also and still have to attend to an ailing child. That takes the cake.

Getting away: It gets easier when they are older. By then they will be ready to leave Mommy's side for a longer period.

Baby Darren said...

what a coincident..i just had the thought before I log on to the computer. Exhaustion just hit me and monday blues had arrived before the day is here....

Can totally understand how u feel...