Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Christopher, Christopher....

Christopher, Christopher.... what should mummy do?

What is wrong? Why are you crying and crying?

Mummy is tired, can I put you down? No??

But you cannot stick to me all night! I need to eat something and drink some water...can I leave you in your favourite walker for a while? No??

My little one had a "don't leave me alone or I will cry" mood yesterday. He was like that from 4 pm when I took him home up until 9 pm when he fell asleep at last.

So, no dinner for me and no watching any TV (missed AI, for all that it is) or my Chinese drama serials. All I could do was watch him and play with him and hold his hand while he walked and watched his head when he was on the floor and cuddle him and hug him and sing to him...

On the lighter side...boyboy has learnt to clap properly now. Hands open, not clenched fists and even with the clapping sound !!! At least in between the moods, when he clapped, he can smile and laugh!

8 comments:

Ponytail said...

Aaaww...I guess he miss you too much during the day :) Sometimes, a growth spurt could trigger a baby to be extra clingy for a short while...then he achieved a new skill...like clapping hand!

When I have moments like this (quite a number of times) with Zoe, I console myself by thinking that I will probably yearn for her cligyness or attention when she become a teenager...hahaha :p

andrewjune said...

comng to 7 months plus, babies tend to show signs of separation anxiety...it's also happening to me and rachael now...rachael just doesnt like us out from her sight lately...
but we have to gradually teach them to be "independent" or we might have difficulty in doing other things!
hey, you watch AI or eat with Chris...you dont hv to miss your fav shows!

mumsgather said...

Agree with ponytail. During moments like this, I always think about how much I will miss it when they no longer want me to be this close to them. Hehe.

Julie said...

Same thing is happening to me. The moment I’m off his sight, he will cry. Even if I could be seen just one two steps away, he will also cry. He just wants me to be at his side. I’m tired but I think it worth the tiredness, hunger and thirst. :P Like previously said…it’s just a phase.

He can clap hands now? That’s good. Jonathan has yet to make me happy with that. Whenever I took his hands and clap, he pushed away.

Ann said...

PN - yes, you are right...it could be a growth spurt coz he has been waking up for nightly feeds again since the start of this week. I shall attribute it to that...and if that is so, I am all the glad it is happening!

June - I didn't really missAI per say...only that I could not really watch it without interruption. Boyboy is at that stage whereby if I take my eyes off him for 1 second, I am not sure what he will do! he is a little terror!!!As for food....biscuits in between loh!

Mumsgather - maybe coz he is a boy, I am already expecting that he will be friends with me and not "need" me. After all all of us don't like our bfs/husbands to me mummy's boy!

Julie - yes, I reckon the highlight of the tiring day was that he loved to show off that he could clap his hands. He kept looking at me and clapping his hands and laughed and laughed when I clapped with him! Funny boy...

hissychick said...

They always do this when they're teething or undergoing a developmental leap, especially of the mobility variety. Maybe young Christopher is about to crawl after all...

Our Jouneys.... said...

You are doing well as a mother...guess there's much to learn...I can't tell much coz we have no kids yet

Pat said...

My girl girl could only clap recently, and she's already 14 months!

One of my friends claim her 14 month daughter could change the desktop background on the home PC :P