Thursday, May 1, 2008

A woman should have....

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE ...
enough money within her control to move out and rent a place of her own,
even if she never wants to or needs to...
(Yes I have this!)

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE ...
something perfect to wear if the employer,
or date of her dreams wants to see her in an hour...
(Umm....used to have this before I gave birth....now, have to go see U.Lee to get it! *smile* )

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE ...
a youth she's content to leave behind....
(both good and bad memories enough to be left alone way behind! One can never compare..)

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE ...
a past juicy enough that she's looking forward to retelling it in her old age....
(hmmm.....depends on the definition of juicy! but reckon mine is dramatic and not juicy!)

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE ...
a set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill, and a black lace bra...
(the first 2 I have, the last one....slight modification in colour)

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE ...
one friend who always makes her laugh..
and one who lets her cry...
(the first kind is easy to find....the second kind is tough, but Thank God I have a one)

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE ...
a good piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in her family...
(definitely in my new house)

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE ...
eight matching plates, wine glasses with stems,
and a recipe for a meal, that will make her guests feel honored...
(matching plates and wine glasses I will have.....a recipie?? Only have a good take-out menu!)

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE ...
a feeling of control over her destiny..
(sigh....this I do not....is it really necessary?)

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
how to fall in love without losing herself..
(definitely been there and got hurt terribly!!!)

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
how to quit a job, break up with a lover,
and confront a friend without; ruining the friendship...
(quit...easy peasy. Break up....done before but still hurt the other party. Confront....I think I will run away from this first before even consnidering it. I hate confrontations!)

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
when to try harder... and WHEN TO WALK AWAY...
(ummmm......I think I walk away more than try....except when I know if I don't try it will be worse in the future!)

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
that she can't change the length of her calves,
the width of her hips, or the nature of her parents..
(calves can change....hips a bit harder.....but nature of parents...never)

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
that her childhood may not have been perfect...
but it's over...
(yeah.....still trying to get rid of the garbage that I picked up as a child)

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
what she would and wouldn't do for love or more...
(this reminds me of my previous post.....I guess I would have to learn to moderate my life and let go....irregardless career opportunities or holding on to my son/hubby too tightly!)

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW....
how to live alone... even if she doesn't like it...
(sigh....I don't think I can do this...)

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW.. .
whom she can trust, whom she can't,
and why she shouldn't take it personally...
(ya...I have to learn not to take things personally.....and not to trust people so easily!)

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
where to go... be it to her best friend's kitchen table..
or a charming Inn in the woods.... when her soul needs soothing...
(I hope and pray to my husband will always be my answer to this!)

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW..
What she can and can't accomplish in a day... a month...and a year...
(I set my targets and hope to achieve them....but sometimes a little too tired...then I feel really rotten about being not-so-capable! Sigh....I have issues!)

Cheers all readers.....have a GREAT weekend!

8 comments:

Moomykin said...

Every woman should know that there is no guarantee that all will turn out the way she planned, even if she sticks to the plan step-by-step, and so she should not crucify herself if things turn out less than perfect. :)

Every woman should know she is beautiful and she can make herself more beautiful by having a smile that reveals the contentment in her heart.

Btw, I know exactly how you feel about the confrontation bit. Me too. But I have had to do that a couple of times and it was a very nerve-wrecking experience.

U.Lee said...

Hello Ann, I love this posting of yours. And your fantastic sense of humour.
No wonder I was coughing earlier, somebody has been mentioning my name, huh? *Wink*.
I couldn't help smiling like a clam about to masuk a kwali read your hilarious answers, arhaaa ha ha.
Ann, you're one lady that makes me wish time was different, ha ha.
You stay easy and have a nice wekend, Lee.
Ps, if free pop over.e

Our Jouneys.... said...

Hi Ann,
It's really humorous...and I really agree with you. Actually ah...woman are pretty extraordinary and full of strength...not all man see it..heheh

hissychick said...

Every woman should know...how to delete forwarded emails that might make her feel guilty about what she is or supposedly isn't achieving ;-P Especially the lovely ones who really are doing a fantastic job juggling it all!

Ann said...

Mommykin - you are right about the smile part! I have to let the cheer outweigh the burdens in life!

Lee - hahahaa....was still thinking of my blue dress through out the week...what to do!

Our jouneys - yes. A woman has inner strength comparable to nothing and no one.

Hissychick - hahaha....and I think I should also keep away from all those dramatic serial movies about love, death and lost....

andrewjune said...

a woman is required to have all these...but can they?
i love your first statement and this - every woman should know
how to live alone...even she doesn't like it...
it's quite difficult but it's achievable! used to HATE being alone but i've get used to it at times now!

Ann said...

June - Really? YOu can live alone now? I still don't think I can despite sometimes I want some alone time...but live I can't, I reckon.

andrewjune said...

well, sometimes being alone is good...i used to fear to hv bfast/lunch/dinner alone...i thought everyone else at the coffee shop will stare at this lady dining alone...but i thk i've grown more independent now and i dont mind eating alone at times!