Tuesday, June 3, 2008

First time at Baskin Robbins

I am not sure how many of you will gap at my title!

I have never been into a Baskin Robbins store, lined up to buy a Baskin Robbin ice cream or even eaten one proper.

But I did on Saturday. Celebrated my birthday and my closest friend's birthday on the 31st JUST so that we could be eligible for the 31% discount.

We originally intended to get a pint EACH and then share it out. But that girl friend of mine in the end decided it was JUST TOO MUCH!

And in case she thought me crazy enough to finish TWO pints, I thought best to follow along and just get the cup and cone.

So, my FIRST Baskin Robbins on my own was green tea flavour.

Some say healthy food cannot mix with non healthy food. I myself am not a great fan of green tea stuff. But my colleague has been RAVING about the green tea Baskin Robbins. She claims it is TOO GREAT to miss!

Verdict? It was actually quite good. The flavour of the green tea is very pleasant and strong enough to know it is actually tea! The ice cream was also very yummy. It doesn't melt as fast as the cheaper ice creams that I get.

And now looking at the BR site, they also have frozen yogurt! I think I will go again with hubby next time and try that out!

9 comments:

Julie said...

Have you tried New Zealand Natural? I think theirs is better than BR and slightly cheaper.

JLow said...

Oh?
Oh!
Happy Birthday!!

I can't say for sure if I myself have had BR, I know I have tried the NZ one and they are refreshing too.

Did you know that the higher the fat content of an ice cream, the faster it melts? (a la Haagen Daz)

andrewjune said...

hey Ann, so it was your birthday last Saturday? HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY yeah :-)
hubby and i love BR...he loved rum & raisin & i love chocolate chips...emmm yummy! i had a lot during my pregnancy, didnt care about the fat contents anyway LOL
but now i'm trying to cut down on BR! there's actually 2 pints of BR in my freezer from last 2 mths promotion on every 31st! LOL

HI said...

Happy Birthday!! Eh, how old are you? *nudge* *nudge*

BR in Asia definitely have exotic flavors. Can't find green tea flavor here in US. You should try frozen yogurt, lower in fat and taste much like ice cream.

Ann said...

Julie - definitely tried NZ. Don't know why I feel I see that EVERYWHERE...much more than BR!

JLow - I thought the lower the fat content...as in the less cream they use...the faster it melts? Coz McD ice cream melts like ice on a stove!

June - my bday actaully was quite sometime back! Only that we decided to wait until 31st to celebrate. haven't tried the other flavours yet. May do so when I need an ice cream fix!

HI - yeah, I reckon green tea is only HOT in Asia! But will definitely try the frozen yogurt....esp with summer coming in NY!!!

Angeline said...

Oh Happy Birthday!

you are not alone, I've never been to Baskin Robbins before too, ooops, now that you have gone there, I am the only mountain-tortise now....*frown*

Angeline said...

Oh Happy Birthday!

you are not alone, I've never been to Baskin Robbins before too, ooops, now that you have gone there, I am the only mountain-tortise now....*frown*

Moomykin said...

Happy Belated Birthday.

If we ever indulge in premium ice-cream these days it's lecka-lecka.

I can't remember the first, nor the last, I had BR. But I remembered my first Swenson's on a cone: pecan prelaine, I think... Something nutty and super sweet. That was like 20 years ago!!

U.Lee said...

Hi Ann, sure love your Blog header, ha ha.
Hey, Many happy returns of the day. Celebrate with Baskin Robbins....there's one just 5 minutes walk away from where we are, and I have never been inside, never tried a BR ice cream too.
Not much of an ice cream lover....but ice coffee? That I love!
Best regards Ann and have a nice weekend, Lee.