Monday, July 28, 2008

Ming Court Hong Kong Tim Sum

Compiled some shots from other sites of the dim/tim sum that I ate in Ming Court Hong Kong.

Worth mentioning are:

The 'har kau' can be eaten (daintly) in one bite. What is so spectacular about the 'har kau' here is that the sweetness of the fresh prawn can really be tasted!

The 'char siew pau' skin is really thin and the dark sauced BBQ pork filling is so tasty. I only wished I had more than one!

The porridge was also really good. It was really thick and sweet with oysters, salted eggs. century eggs and (etc.). I didn't manage to hear what the waitress said was in the porridge.

The yam with pork filling was also really excellent. It was not too oily. And the yam was soft enough with the first bite and then the pork in the middle was so tender yet chewy enough to bite!

All in all, EXCELLENT! I do think it is better than Foh San!

4 comments:

simon said...

ive been there b4. as soon as you sit down they put all the small dishes on your table, so much better than at foh san!

Moomykin said...

I'm surprised you did not ta-pow any back to KL. Hahaha...

My sister from Singapore loves this mai-kai and char-siew-pau from a shop near my place and she had actually frozen and brought some home with her!

andrewjune said...

i seriously thinking of driving to ipoh this weekend...

Ann said...

Simon - ya, much better than Foh San. Only reason I would go to Foh San would be perhaps just for the 'sake' of it!

Kin - my parents won't let me tar pau. They say must eat fresh else not nice already. And also they want us to have reasons to come back more often!

June - I told this to my colleague and she is also thinking of seriously going to Ipoh this weekend! hahaha....