Monday, August 18, 2008

One moment in time....shall it be two?

So, with hubby going off for a week and a half in less than one weeks time, I am wondering if I should stay in KL or take off and go back to my parents place. If I go back, this would be the 2nd time I would be alone with my son in Ipoh for longer than a weekend....after my confinement.

Thinking about it brought me back to one moment during my confinement.

My parents helped me during the confinement. Mum cooked and dad helped run errands and cleaned the house. And of couse both of them took turns taking care of Christopher from 9-11 pm before they brought him up to my room.

But there was one morning about 2 weeks into my confinement, I was really acting up. I was expressionless and really tired and very listless. Dad decided that maybe tonight they wouldn't bring Christopher to my room but let him sleep in their room instead.

I woke up at about 5 am and looked over expecting to see my kid. And to my shock, he was not there!!! I glanced at the time and saw that it was already morning.

Oh, the emotion!!! I got angry actually. I felt (strange as it is) like my son has been kidnapped!!

Hormonal imbalance + lack of proper sleep!

So anyway, I knocked on their door since I saw a light was on.

My parents literally thrust my son back to me! hahaha....
He was still a little mite then and thus was waking up every 3 hours. And my parents being a bit hurry-flurry got all 'stressed' out preparing his milk!
And the older you get, the harder it is to fall back to sleep!
Poor them!

My parents also have their share of idiosynchrocies. But then again, so do all of us. And some of my idiosynchrocies don't work well with theirs!

But on the other side of the fence, a less stressed out mum makes a better mum, right?

So, maybe it will be back to Ipoh for me!

8 comments:

HI said...

Oh yeah, sleep deprivation can cause you to think of horrible things.

I was waking up every 2 hours when Olivia was a newborn and was so tired that I told hubby, I wish all these never happened.

YIKES!!

Julie said...

I would love to go back to my parents if I have such a long break moreover without hubby. A time to refresh the grandparents-grandchild bonding too. Got to enjoy mom's cooking and more food with the Ramadhan around the corner.

andrewjune said...

i will also definetly go back to ipoh and eat a lot of cantonese food there...yummy! 1 week can eat a lot of stuffs there!

and can get to eat mum's cooking and at the same time lil chris gets to spend more time with his grandparents!

i say GO!

mumsgather said...

I don't have a mom or any PILs. If I had, I would Go, just for the little breaks that'll do us good at times.

Moomykin said...

When Micah was little, and whenever Gadget-daddy had to be away, I would opt to stay at my moms. Partly to catch up with my sis, and for Micah to bond with his other grandma, and also to give my in-laws a break.

Hope you get to do what you want to do. :)

Ann said...

HI - totally understandable. We are but human after all. Thanks for sharing.

Julie - without hubby I cannot imagine taking care of my son alone for 3 long holidays without any help!

June - hahaha....considering all things, Ipoh sounds like a better bet ya!

Mumsgather - oh...sorry to know that. It is harder for you then. I have a choice and I am contemplating! sigh...

Kin - yeah...it is a good thing your mum is in KL too!! I hop eI get to do what I want to do too! Thanks.

Mummy-yeoh said...

Whenever Daddy Yeoh has to travel, Mummy will take off to Grandma's place with Sara. So that Mummy get pampered by her mummy too. Ha ha

Baby Darren said...

maybe things will be easier if u can go back ipoh...at least u and christ won't get too bored home alone without hubby around..

i hate the feelings when knowing hubby away and got to entertain a demanding toddler alone for so many days.