Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Truth or Dare?

Have you ever played the game Truth or Dare?

It is a game whereby one player asks another player, "Truth or dare?" If the queried player answers, "truth," then the questioning player asks a question, usually embarrassing, of the queried player; otherwise, if the queried player answers, "dare," then the questioning player asks the queried to do something, also usually embarrassing. After answering the question or doing the dare, the queried player asks "truth or dare?" of another player and the game proceeds as before.

And trust FOX/US to make money with just about anything.

As it is, I found the game sickening. And when the idiot box was left on and this new show "The Moment of Truth" was left playing, I was close to falling ill!

Did anyone see it?

For the wife of the participant (I only saw the first half hour), I think after question number 5, it was a matter of wanting to know, who cares too hoots about the money!

After the program, they would maybe need to spend the cash on a vacation to redeem their marriage and have a kid, or spend it on counselling or divide it in their divource settlement.

Sigh....truth be told, I don't think it was about the cash in the end.
Honest communication is excellent between husband and wife.....but not at that price!Truthfully!

6 comments:

JLow said...

Reality tv.

I can't blame the organisers for trying to "converge" tv and, say, mobile phones (sms) and trying to sensationalise things whilst making money.

But I agree: subjects such as this is kinda ridiculous....

I guess whatever makes people money...

Myself said...

I have seen that show MOMENT OF TRUTH for the first time yesterday, couldnt beleive that people will do anything to make money!! Really sickening!!!

andrewjune said...

i thk i know what show you're refering to...i saw the trail on TV before...i thk they asked "personal" qstns...

will watch the show during any free time...hv not really watch it yet...

Cuddly Family said...

Tagged you! hehe

http://cuddlyfamily.wordpress.com/2008/08/07/yet-another-tag/

HI said...

Haven't watch that. Not a fan of reality TV, some are just too stupid.

U.Lee said...

Hi Ann, I guess this kind of games not for me...too personal and can be humilating and embarrasing too.

I hardly watch TV games...mostly Lonely Planet or adventure movies or Discover Channel....others I take a pass. Never even seen 'Survivors' or 'Sex in the city' too.....but did watch "who wants to be a millionaire"? But after 2 months got stale....
You have a great weekend and keep wel. Lee.