Monday, September 8, 2008

The big "IF"

So, Kin asked me : List 5 "If"s that would have made your life somewhat different today.

First IF : If I had gone into local U after Form Six, my life would be so totally different!
I decided to study Form 6 instead of going to Pre-U after meeting a boy in Form 5.
After Form 6, I managed to get a place in USM studying B.Comm in Bus. Admin. but I had met a boy in Metropolitan College and wanted to continue on my Curtin degree. So you see, I really cannot blame anyone for my life decisions!

Second IF : If I had been soft at heart, I may not be married now.

Third IF : If I did not have a son so soon after marriage, I would most probably have travelled to alot more countries by now.
You see, the purpose of our 'early' marriage was so that mummy would allow me to go on holidays alone with my (then) boyfriend.

Fourth IF : If not for my parents, I think I would not have enjoyed being a mother as much.
My parents really helped me take care of Christopher when hubby was not around. I even had nights out alone catching up with old friends. And when hubby was back, they were still around for a bit allowing hubby and I some time alone to 'date'!

Fifth IF : If I had not listened to Florence and asked Simon for help in starting my blog, I would never have met such good friends and gotten such great advice about life.

And as the tag goes, it has to go around....

How about you?
1) PN
2) Simon
3) Florence
4) Patrick (hope you do tags!)
5) Hooi Imm

Rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. List 5 things that could make your life very different should it come true.
3. Tag 5 other people.

7 comments:

Angeline said...

Your second if is very similar to mine too...

Moomykin said...

Your first "If" : hahaha... well, at least you could have the option to finish your studies at a college. My parents had already decided that with 5 kids, and to be fair to all, we were not given that option to study abroad. My older is sis studied at a teachers' training college, one of my bro and I made it to the local Uni and my younger sis and the other bro studies in TARC.

andrewjune said...

wow...you do met a lot of guys before you settled down hahaha...

your parents are so superb for taking care of lil chris while both of you go dating! i am still wondering when is my next date...

Andrea said...

That's awesome that your parents have been such a help to you! Mine have been to me too...IF only they lived closer though! ;)

Jaanvi said...

your Ifs are very interesting and specially liked the first one... :) and also early marriage...

Our Jouneys.... said...

wow...your life is interesting especially the first if's linked you up with the later ones...

You are blessed with good parents and husband...

simon said...

done! a week delayed tho.