Thursday, September 11, 2008

Worried worried me!

The whole family is down with a coughing spell. At night, I will lie awake trying to supress my cough. I hear hubby coughing into his pillow followed not long after that by Christopher.

Why is it so hard to keep my family healthy?
How come we are all falling ill so often.

I think I am close to vommitting at the thought of cough mixtures.
And Christopher isn't taking too kindly to syringes or black liquid or funny smelling powders mixed with water either.

I am wondering if things would be better with a humidifier or a air filter?
Is there something wrong with the water?

My church friend's 1m+ son is in hospital due to high fever and fits.

I feel like crying. My heart is heavy.
Why is good health becoming so difficult to achieve and maintain these days?

What can we do? What can I do?
Feeling helpless, praying fervently.

9 comments:

Jaanvi said...

I hope you guys get into the best of your health soon...As far as christopher is concerned,you can use precautions like no cold water,preferably boil the water and give him. Try home remedies because giving too much medicine is not good... may be its the weather which is causing this so you have to be extra cautious...

Ponytail said...

I am using the pillow/bolster to cover my mouth too while coughing at nite...sigh...sob sob...

I pray and hope that all of us will sail thru this storm soon, knowing that God is with us every moment.

We can take this trying time to built our faith in Him. We can only do so much as humans...but we can always rest all our burdens in His presence and He will guide us thru...Amen!

A gift from God said...

I will keep all of you in prayer.

I told your hubby... Christoper seems to be sick very often. Does it have anything to do with the Babysitter's place and the children? Just a thought.

I don't think humidifier won't work..that is more for people with nose problems.

It's best that the sick adults sleeps in a separate room. I did that when I was down with cough and flu. Try changing your bedsheets too!!

HI said...

I hope you and your family get better soon. It's pretty normal actually.

When your child goes to daycare/school, the whole family will be sick for 2 years. Once Christopher's immune system build up, he will get sick less often and so will the rest of the family.

andrewjune said...

bulk up on vitamins! i am giving rachael everyday multivitamin as well (appeton's for infants) recommended by my paedac...

to be honest, i HATE coughing as well...when i cough, tears start forming as if i'm crying! i specially hate it when i'm having a conversation with customer(s)...the cough is so disturbing!

here's praying for your whole family a speedy recovery!

hv a blessed weekend & happy mooncake festival as well :-)

Andrea said...

I know...what is it with us mommies? I am always worrying over health stuff...especially when my kids are sick, and I don't know what to do for them, or if I even can do anything. I hope you are all feeling better soon...and I'll be thinking of you! **hugs**

Moomykin said...

Will pray for quick recovery. It's sometimes a season and it'll pass.

I know how it's like. At one point we were taking turn falling sick and it took like 5-6 months for all to clear. B y the time it was done, it felt strange not spooning out medication to either one or both the boys.

Try taking cod liver oil. I give my boys that and also a multivit.

Ann said...

Thanks for all your encouragements. I am giving Christopher Scott's Emulsion now since completing his multivits for infants.

Also bought loads of other natural remedies and am feeding him those as well.

Also having to take care of us adults in the process - so lou hon kor, barley and herabl soups every alternate day.

The rest, I have to leave it up to God. I can only do as much as I can do.

Florence - yes, reckon he may be getting some of the viruses from the bbsitter. But sometimes what can one do when we don't have anyone else to take care of our kids.

cc said...

I'm sure it's just the bug that's doing its round. Hope you all will be up and well soon. :)

Take care!