Thursday, October 9, 2008

A melancholic knot in my throat

There is something about ABBA that brings too much of melancholy to my day.

Perhaps the music reminds me of my grandfather.

Or perhaps it reminds me of those younger days when we stayed 2 weeks with my grandparents. My uncle was still dating then. And my life was filled with dancing, singing and drawing during the hols!

Or perhaps it is because of the love they shared and their life in the end (the two As and the two Bs, that is). Hard it is when a music group you love splits. Harder still it is when you know that marriages also ended.
Looked up Wikipedia lately on the foursome. And on Björn Ulvaeus, the final line of his personal life section wrote:
Ulvaeus has suffered from severe memory loss and no longer remembers much of his life. He has little memory of being famous and has even turned to hypnotism to try and bring back his memory.


Or perhaps it is the music, the lyrics, the slow melody.

Or perhaps it is just a combination of it all.

***
Sometimes we just want to hold on to that which is sweet taking out the bitter

5 comments:

Angeline said...

hmmm...such feelings are hard to swallow...

Cuddly Family said...

awwww how sad..

abba's music is just so fab.. love it..

just saw the movie, mamma mia.. such fun!

Moomykin said...

Oh, I know how you feel...holding on to something so meaningful from our past as much as can while seeing it somehow slipping though our fingers...

Life...*sigh*.

4MalMal said...

hmm looks like I am not the only one who is feeling all emotional. Is it the hormone? time of the month? I suspect mine is.

Ann said...

Angeline - indeed they are....and what cannot be swallowed comes out in tears!

Cuddly Family - oohhh...cool. Still waiting for the DVD to come out!

Kin - yeah, music touches the heart and soul of my mind and heart. Things seem so much more dramatic with the right background music.

4malmal - hahaha....i am melancholic MOST of the time heightned with tears during that time of the month! Pity my hubby!