Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A moment of silence

Just read Mommykin's postings on the loss of a child.
And also read what the mummy who loss her Matthew wrote in her new blog.

Once a mother, always a mother....even in the description in the blog.

And thank God, we know there is a better place after death.
And that in death, the child is only sent back to Sender.
And the Sender loves the child everlastingly.
Till we meet both of them again.

***
Footprints in the Sand


One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,
"You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one
set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,
"The times when you have
seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you."
- Mary Stevenson

6 comments:

Ponytail said...

A friend of mine also loss her child not that long ago. When I talked to her, I could not hold back my tears no matter how I try to control it. I dare not think what or how she is going thru. But, despite her circumstances, she remain calm and strong and said her baby is with God now, in a much better place. I truly believe that.

Footprints has been the most meaningful piece to me too. I read it when I was not a Christian yet, but I think that was when I first knew God...

Angeline said...

Oh girl! Footprints, that's my favourite ~ forever!

Julie said...

Footprints in the sand...the wordings are very meaningful and encouraging. I like the song too. It once lighted up my life.

I'm so sorry to Matthew's mommy. It is real tough for her to handle.

andrewjune said...

so so so sorry and so so so sad to read about her post...
truly a very sad thing :-(

i went over to her blog as well...

btw, i was away so pls gv me some time to email you the photos ok...

HV A GREAT WEEKEND!

Moomykin said...

Truly, God is faithful at all times, carrying us through all storms of life.

Thank you for reminding me of this poem.

karenyiau said...

Got a tag for you. :)
http://karenyiau.com/blog/?p=1192