Sunday, December 14, 2008

A time in times

In times of glad tidings, sorrow hits.

My sister-in-law's (SIL) dad passed away Sat night. He was 52.

My SIL's 2nd sister would be having her tea ceremony (marriage as in) this Saturday.
The funeral would be this Wednesday.
How to go on?

It was said that she was in Chilli's having dinner while she received the first phone call.
Daddy had a heartattack.

Hurry, hurry pay the bill.
10 minutes later.
Daddy has died.

The quick pitter patter slows down into sold slow steps.
There was no reason to hurry anymore.

When I heard the news, shock overwhelmed me.
He was a jovial guy, always friendly.
His wife was one of the most approachable person I knew.
Their family was a close knitted one.
My SIL had 3 younger sisters.
The youngest still in secondary school.

The breadwinner of the family....
How should we go on?

To remember your marriage, to celebrate your anniversary
In actual remembrance of what?

In times of sorrow, tidings of joy
Can they exist?

Perhaps in time, shock that turns to grief will turn to acceptance
and then fond remembrances of things in the past.

No regrets.
Don't think of the 'What Ifs'.

7 comments:

andrewjune said...

i am so sorry to hear about your SIL's dad...

LittleLamb said...

My condolences to your SIL dad.

There is time for be sad and there is time to be merry.

------

Heheheh only CBC call their CG SG ma..what do u think of the senior pastor?? tell truth ya..ehhehehe

HI said...

I'm so sorry about you SIL's dad. Life is full of the unexpected. Treasure today and time with the family.

4malmal said...

I am really sorry to hear about this. Life goes on seem easier said than done during time like this. Hope they find strength to ride through this rough patch.

mumsgather said...

I am sorry to hear this.

Julie said...

Deepest condolence to your SIL and family. May God comfort their hearts.

Moomykin said...

My condolences to your SIL's family and also yours.

It is always hard to say our final goodbyes to our loved ones.