Wednesday, January 21, 2009

When it rains,it pours...than a cheerful rainbow

New tiles had to be hacked to remedy the water output blockage. I so hope I will not have any problems with those tiles that these people re-tile back for me. I mean a plumber doing tiling work? Oh well...

Water pressure is still very low even though the air bubble in the pipes seem to have been cleared. So low I think my heater pump doesn't even know where to get the water from! Oh well....

And to top it off, this morning I found my car tire flat! That would explain why I nearly lost control of my car yesterday evening.


So poor hubby now has to run around taking care of the house and taking care of my car.

My legs can only carry me as far as the nearest lighting shop to buy a light bulb for my condo kitchen, which at this moment after 5 years has decided it doesn't want to work anymore.

And also a bit of sprucing needed for the condo. Doesn't mean I have a new house, I can neglect the old place.
***
So, any escapades happening for you on Saturday? Or any visitors coming over from abroad?

If you are joining the trail, rememebr to check your car, turn off all the lights and that taken-for-granted thermopot in the kitchen before you leave. Remember to bring your packed bags along (my blooper last CNY) and lock all your doors.
Have a safe trip and grand time with family.

If you are expecting visitors, remember that extra pillow covers and shampoo/soap to be put in the guest room and toilet. Remember to make sure your condiments are all full....you never know how sweet your relatives want their tea!

Take it easy with the cleaning and entertaining. Don't stress and remember to have fun.

************
All in all, Happy Chinese New Year to all my readers!


Gong Xi, Gong Xi!

10 comments:

LittleLamb said...

Gong Xi Fatt Chai to you & family :)

Andrea said...

Whew...sounds like you've had quite the day!! Hope you have a great CHinese New Year though!

Jaanvi said...

heck of a day... :)

Julie said...

Happy CNY! Looks like you are all prepared for CNY. Thanks for the reminders.

Off the main water tap. That's the most important. Few times when I came home, the bathroom was all wet.

HI said...

Ann, Gong Xi Fa Cai to you and your family!!

Baby Darren said...

oh...a new house is never a perfect one when u started to check on it. We also installed a water heater with pump for our upstairs bathrooms coz the pressure is low too.

Don't get too stress up with all these...it's common and more headaches will be coming up when renovation work starts. Hope u get a good contractor.

Gong xi fat chai to you too!!!

andrewjune said...

here's also wishing you & your family “Gong Xi Fa Cai ~ Wan She Ru Yi”

May the year of the Ox brings good luck, prosperity & most of all good health.

ann, you forgot your luggage last yr? OUCH! so dont forget about it this yr!

4malmal said...

gong xi fai cai to u and your family too :)

gonna be a busy year for u huh?!

A gift from God said...

Gong Xi Fa Chai.....

Moomykin said...

Happy CNY!!

Have a good holiday, happy reunions and safe journey.