Monday, February 16, 2009

3rd year Valentine

They say 3 years into a marriage is a milestone.
I agree.

Or perhaps it was the house and the kid.
But we have been having our share of issues.

So one night we talked for 3 hours.
It felt good to communicate.
And for it to end well.

Since then, hubby has been very sensitive to my needs.
He helps around so much more now
(without being asked to).

I understand better where is he coming from.
And try to also change myself to accommodate to his needs.

This year's V-day has been the best I had with hubby.
Maybe because it was really a celebration of something we have overcome together.
And it was good to have something to celebrate about.

Of course boyboy threw a few tantrums.
And of course we were still really busy with the house stuff.
But the stress is alright.
When it is just physical.
(And I get a nice massage after that anyway!)

We had dinner at Onsen for valentines.
Hubby wanted Japanese.
As long as there was something for boyboy, I was fine.
There was.

Boyboy was lovable.
He called and waved at all the waitresses and the head waiter.
So much so he got free ice cream.
And a line of people waving to him as we left the restaurant.

It was a good day.
It is good not to give up.
But to talk and give in.

I love my little family.

9 comments:

Julie said...

God's blessing!

And 3 hours talk? If that happens to me, guess I'm the listener and hubby is the talker.

Christopher is friendly and brave too.

Angeline said...

you are one blessed woman! *wink*

JLow said...

Usually when we need to talk for 3 hours it's not something good!

:D

Baby Darren said...

it takes more than love to sustain a marriage. You need understanding, compromising, sacrificing and so much more....

It is good that both of you are willing to talk..and iron things out.

Christ is surely a lovable baby...

Moomykin said...

It is good that things can be worked out. It really makes us a better person.
:)

Ann said...

Julie - oh...hahaha...I thought women have more grouches and thus talk/complain/nag more! But it is a good thing that opposites complement.

Angeline - I know. It is a blessing that hubby still wants to listen and talk and not 'pretend'! hahaha...

JLow - well, talks that last 3 hours are not mainly about good things but it is satisfying when it ends well.

Baby Darren - yeah, at the end of the day, merely being in love is really insufficient.

Kin - yes it does indeed. And I love growing together.

Debbie Y said...

I wish to have such talk too. I wish to have such warm dinner too. Somehow I got nothing from HIM.

You are really being blessed by having such good husband.

LittleLamb said...

Very grateful, thankful and appreciative :)

andrewjune said...

happy belated valentine to you & hubby! sounds like a great valentine!