Thursday, February 12, 2009

The power of words in melody

Headphones on.
Music starts.
Loud that it becomes scary.
The world becomes a blur.
There is a strange struggle.
To unplug the headphones.
Or allow the music to take over.

The soul gives in.
Words and the music combine.
And invades the soul.
And fills every part of the being.
Eyes close.
The body is at rest.
Drowning in a warm pool.
Of calm and relaxation.

Thus is the power of music to me.
There is wonder in words.
Even more greatness in melody.

3 comments:

JLow said...

What the heck kinda 60s-inspired-long-haired hippy rock band are you listening to, and what kinda weed are you smoking?

Cos I want some too!

Angeline said...

cool, girl! Music is life to my soul and Words are the essence!

Moomykin said...

Maan! I can't recall anything like this in the last 4.5 years of my life!

I think the last time I actually had a swim in music was in my first confinement. After that it's been a never ending wave of wails, chatter and giggles.