Sunday, April 26, 2009

Bitter health takes one

For lack of no nice green vegetables to buy in Tesco one day, I decided to get some bitter gourd. Was actually intending to cook bitter gourd chicken with black diced beans....but lack of vegetables....

So, I added wolfberries and egg and made in a semi vege dish! Surprise surprise, boyboy ate up ONE strip of bitter gourd. He puuuuhhhhed out the 2nd though.

Note :
I did do the 'salt' treatment but it was not entirely everything not bitter. Frankly I do like it a little bit bitter.

Also, becuase boyboy was naughty and took the bitter gourd himself with his hands, we told him he had to finish it which he did. I tried my luck passing him a second one which since he didn't take, he knew he need not 'really' finish!

9 comments:

Baby Darren said...

wow..boyboy so good boy one...when u asked him to finish it and he will do it...if for Darren, he will spit out if he did not want..no way I can force him to eat..

But I guess most kids do not like bittergourd, even some adults...

mommy to chumsy said...

oooo...bitter gourd. never like this since i was a kid :D i haven't introduced this to ashley either. the fussy queen would surely clamp her mouth shut :D

Merryn said...

ooo.. bittergourd! my ethan's favourite! can dish it out anytime and he'll finish it in no time.. :) i'm lucky! LOL

Sasha said...

My fav vege!!! I love the bitter taste. Am i weird or what. haha

If u want to get rid of the bitter taste, soak longer in salt water for few hours.

LittleLamb said...

try cut to small small bits..?

andrewjune said...

i love bitter guard with eggs! yummy! even if it's a lil bitter, but i love it!

i hv not intro them to rachael though hahaha...doubt she will be fond of it!

well, keep encouraging boy boy :-)

Angeline said...

I love bitter gourd soup but completely Eeewwww to eating it.
Ok, I'm weird. I know. *giggle*

Julie said...

I don't believe in the salt treatment. The name itself already says bitter. So no matter what you do, the bitterness is still there. Nothing less...

Jonathan is ok with it but only if I mix it in his rice.

Cecilia said...

Try slicing it finely and make into an omelette then it will not be so bitter. Marie does not like it either. LOL