Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Car falling apart

My 1997 Aeroback Wira is falling apart.


  • 2 car locks have broken
    My auto-window no longer works
  • My alarm is kaput (gone case!) and now
  • My back window slips down at every bump I go through.
  • All 4 car tyres (including my spare) require changing soon and
  • My car is up for servicing soon.

Engine wise, gear wise, brake wise and all other important stuff though are in good condition.

I have been putting on hold my decision to buy a new car.

  • Sentimental reasons (this car was given to me by daddy for graduation)
  • Financial reasons (my job contract is due....)
  • Fear (never driven a new car before)
  • Stubborn (don't want to loose my ability to drive a manual)
  • Administrative reasons (just renewed my road tax in Nov)

I have been told the last reason is a very silly reason not to change car! :)But anyway.....given the rain and the window issue, I have decided that action has to be taken sooner.

So.....this is the car and the colour I am intending to get. A car is a car is a car for me.....

13 comments:

Debbie Y said...

yeah... a car is a car to me too!! but if financial affortable, i wish to change a bit car too!! :)

Techcrazee said...

fuyoh.... good car leh. I like too. But wife likes the "SLK" as Ponytails put it :) (SLK = Sweet Little Kelisa) SLK is giving problems as well but *sigh*.. live with it lor.. But the car you choose... I really like to own one.... maybe one day......

mommy to chumsy said...

nice car and very cool too ;)

little prince's mummy said...

Time to change new car, perhaps?

LittleLamb said...

good choice.........

andrewjune said...

i say...GO for it!
wanted to buy one before but had to wait for 6 mths...so i settled for a Gen-2...but seriously, perodua is better than proton :-)

Angeline said...

Yo Yo!!! I'm definitely backing you up on this...errr... virtually ok? not financially... *laugh*

Julie said...

Good choice for a 2nd family car. Blue and red also not bad.

And your dad got you a car for graduation? What a blessed daughter.

Ponytail said...

hey hey hey...new ride coming soon huh....vroooom!!!
you trade in the old one?

When we going for a joy ride huh?

Jaanvi said...

seems nice... we have a similar looking car here in india called Swift... very popular here..

Uncle Lee said...

Hi Ann, sometimes its cheaper to repair and maintain an old car then getting a new one.
Easier on the insurance too.
I would wait till the economy shows signs of good recovery....cash in hand better than new wheels on the road.
Ha ha. You have a pleasant weekend, Lee.

Cecilia said...

What is better than a new car to go with the new house!! However I do understand about the finance part. Maybe you could ask your dad for it as a present for giving him a fantastic grandson. LOL

FAMILY FIRST said...

This is definitely a good buy! Wow .. somebody's got a new toy now. Congrats.