Monday, April 27, 2009

Sweet health takes two

These days boyboy requires a little sweetness in his weekly doses of barley.

Instead of letting him have rock sugar in his barley like the rest of us, I decided to put in honey instead. And when giving him honey, I thought might as well give him one with added benefits as well - Manuka Honey!

But the ones with the UMF factor is really really expensive. In the end, decided to get Manuka without the UMF instead.....

Came to realise that not all Manuka honey have the additional benefits of anti-bacterial that I had intended on....even though the label might have said so.

But anyway, sigh.....something in between first to see if boyboy can accept the taste of honey. If he can drink it every other weekend until this bottle finishes, I will consider getting him the UMF+ Manuka Honey.

Coz mummy will never drink honey - unless mixed with a heavy dose of ginger or lemon! Pure honey to me is medicine...since when I was young I couldn't for the life of me swallow tablets and my daddy had to cruch them and mix them with honey....ewwwwww....totally yucky!

9 comments:

reanaclaire said...

haha...no wonder u r scared of honey now.. u drank them so yuckily last time when u were young.. so the impression never dies, huh...

Sasha said...

i don't like honey also ler. to me one kind of smell and too sweet.

LittleLamb said...

i will mix honey n kasturi for philip... n of course very diluted. hope chris will like it

andrewjune said...

i thk honey is good for health! do you know that mixing honey with water can actually sooth your sore throat? try it next time even though it's yucky hahaha...

and tell me about it, UMF + manuka honey is very expensive!

little prince's mummy said...

I like honey...

Angeline said...

Oooohhhhh.... so it was the childhood experience that makes you turn away from honey eh? tablets with honey? Yucks!

HI said...

Oh, boyboy would love honey. Olivia loves it. They are sweet and yummy.

Julie said...

Yeah, when I was small, I cruched tablets too. But I love honey.

mommy to chumsy said...

i really can't understand why manuka honey is soooo expensive. hmm..so not all have the additional benefits of anti-bacterial? i've got one which is still sitting in the fridge...dunno how to finish it. guess you have a phobia now eh? poor you :(