Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Home Alone

Last night was my first night alone in this new house.

It wasn't scary.....I have been alone before (in previous houses, at previous ages). But it was lonely.

And I really applaud those mothers you do ALL the ferrying, picking up, cooking, cleaning, throwing rubbish, ironing, washing clothes etc.

But on hindsight, chores keep me busy and help me mark the days down! (hahaha....I am that pathetic!)

So, yesterday was bedsheets washing.
Today will be ironing and cutting boyboy's hair.
Tommorrow (Thursday, the last day) will be thorough sweeping and mopping the whole house.
Friday, intend to bring boyboy out shopping. I am wondering if I can handle him alone.

So, one night down, one chore down, 2 more nights to go, 2 more chores to handle....

And don't talk to me about cooking or eating....I am eating frozen food daily and junk for dinner!

Looking forward to my night out with a good dinner on Friday...and maybe some pressies.....

10 comments:

Towards healthy and leisure life~! said...

haha... some honest feedback from the perspective of a wife...

FAMILY FIRST said...

You took the week off? How nice! And is it going to be a birthday dinner? Cool!

Merryn said...

go shopping alone with the boy? can can... just bring him to the toy section ke.. book section ke. sure can handle one.. dun worry! :)

Ann said...

Towards Healthy and leisure Life - hahaha...welcome!!!

Family First - no lah...still have to work!! If I take one week off, I think I will go with hubby already!

Merryn - yeah....if he dont throw tantrum, I think I should be ok!

LittleLamb said...

aiyah..not home alone. boy2 still with u ma..hehehehe

can...sure u can go out with boy2 alone..

Julie said...

You can still do sweeping and mopping? I don't think I can coz little boy will be moving around and worst, messing up the place. Waste my effort...

I normally shop alone with Jonathan coz hubby prefers to see guys stuff and I prefer ladies & baby section. Just keep more biscuits/junks in your bag so to keep Christopher occupied when he is cranky.

Moomykin said...

It's true that it's just not the same when your other half is away, what more when there's a little tag-a-long to attend to.

But I'm sure shopping with him will be ok. As long as you're not intending to do any serious shopping.

Shopping: I used to just hang out at the toys' section for a while, then get something to eat. Occasionally we just ride a glass bubble lift to get some amusement. Hahaha... That's when I had only Micah to deal with. After that, no more going out alone with the boys. I can't handle 4 little fast feet.

Angeline said...

yo-yo!
just 1/half day to go... hang it there!!!
*wink*

Uncle Lee said...

Its good to be by yourself home alone.
Time to have some reflections and solitude.
Clear your mind, recharge your batteries, feel good, ha ha.
Have a pleasant week, Lee.

andrewjune said...

well i thk you can handle boy boy when go shopping alone with him only...i always go to toys section or bookstore...easy to "control" the kids...hehehe...

hmmm, i wonder why pressies on fri night? mother's day?

anywan, here's wishing you a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY in advance :-)