I was at work when my phone rang.
It was hubby....it was just after 7 am. Why was hubby calling at this hour?
"Dearie....boyboy's nose is bleeding....non stop....I don't know why....there is blood everywhere....our whole bed is filled with blood...and his face has so much blood....and it is still coming out"
(conversation and clarification)
"I think you better come home."
And so like a mad woman, I ran back to my car and drove home. Thank God the traffic was still alright.
When I reached home - boyboy was cleaned up and the bleeding had stopped.
But what a sight....there was blood everywhere....on the mattress, on hubby's shirt, on the pillow cases....on the comforter...and even on the mattress protector.
At least boyboy was alright.....
Just for precaution, took him to the pead to have a look up his nostrils....
So, this was what the doctor said:
1) If the bleedng happens again today or tommorrow, bring him to an ENT - suspect then could be a growth or an injury
2) If we notice any blue black marks/bruises occuring on any part of his body, bring him to the hospital - indication of blood problems.
3) If nothing happens anymore for the next few days, it is a one off thing.
This reason is the most likely (I am optimistic??) because that little monkey of mine has knocked his nose before. And the doctor has said that if a person every knocks his nose, it will tend to bleed easier!
So what do we have to do?
1) Giving him some oral medicine to clear the congestion. Also giving him nose drops to clear his nose.
2) Have to put a basin of water in the air-con room now to increase humidity in the air.
And if it happens again....I can reuse the same medication.
So, if your kid has a nose bleed, think of the above and that may stop your panic or your rush home!
Now....back to my 2nd load of washing with 2 more loads to go...and I can put this episode behind me.