Monday, May 25, 2009

Tummy Flu

So, we didn't go to the ENT in the end. Why?

On Friday night from 12 am till 4 am, boyboy was vommitting non stop. Reckon he vommitted some 8-10 times until there was nothing left to vomit but acid juice.

Poor boy. With every vomit, I could feel the upheaval in his tummy.

So, we decided not to put him through any other turmoil the next day. And he was having a mild fever as well anyway.

But lo behold, on Sunday evening, I told hubby I feel like vommitting too. We didn't know at that time we could get it from boyboy.

I vommitted from Sunday evening till Monday afternoon. And oh the aches that come with the fever! Terrible....all my joints hurt like mad that I lay in bed and cried and cried.

Hubby started vommitting on Monday morning at 2.30 am.

We didn't have the strength to take care of boyboy or even take care of each other or ourselves!

Had to SOS my parents to come down! Thank God they were free.

If your kid is vommitting too, please do take care yourself. And the minute you feel like vommitting too, please look and see if there is someone to help you. Coz when it hits you, it hits REALLY BAD!!!

19 comments:

JLow said...

Wow. Hope the 3 of you recover soon...

Angeline said...

Tell me about it man!!!
Its horrible!

I just hope it will stop at your hubby and then gone forever, cos' it does hit back again... like a never ending circle...

Take care!

coffeesncookies said...

yes, it's horrible if both parents gets hit. the support structure collapse. We got hit once and nobody wanted to come over coz they were worried of catching the virus too, so we had 3 very sick ppl in the house. Took us almost a week to recover.

Jaanvi said...

I didn't knew it communicates like this but vommiting I am sure takes even the tiny bit of flesh and strength from you... takle good care and i hope you guys are fine now...

Sasha said...

wow.. this is bad. Hope everyone is better now

Merryn said...

tell me bout it! dat happens to ethan, then me then hubs all in a days time right before CNY... no one to help us though as everyone is busy for CNY.. suffered like hell!

LittleLamb said...

hope all of u r ok dy....
take care ya..

andrewjune said...

awww...poor you & boy boy & hubby!
wishing you guys a speedy recovery!

Julie said...

That's terrible. Yeah, good thing there is someone to take care of you guys. Hope all of you will get over it.

4malmal said...

that sounds really terrible. hope u guys get well soon. take care

HI said...

Ooyy...stomach flu. Yup, these things are nasty and passes easily.

Hope you guys feel better soon.

Cuddly Family said...

feel better soon hug hug.

kids and hubby had that last year. thank gooodness I didnt get sick, my parents were away at the time so couldnt holler at them.

it was nuts, I was so tired, I was sure I'd get sick too.

Hope u r all better soon! HUGS

hissychick said...

Hope you are all better by now.

Gastro bites...

Uncle Lee said...

Hi Ann, hope you and everyone okay now.
Gosh, you sure must have had real problems then...I can imagine that horrible pain and tummy turmoil.
Keep well Ann, best regards, Lee.

mommy to chumsy said...

hey, sorry to hear that. hope everything is ok now. take care :)

Mummy-yeoh said...

Hope you all recover soon!

FAMILY FIRST said...

Oh, both hubby & I had lau-sai one night ... so yeah, I know what you mean. Wanna stand up go toilet to download also no strength! Some more download from "up" and "down" both side ... walau! Unforgettable.

mumsgather said...

Oh No, so kesian. Hope you get better soon.

Baby Darren said...

Hope all of you have recovered fully by now.

It's worse when everybody is down and no one is able to take care of the little one. You are so lucky to have ur parents around to help up.

It's true that we got to take care of ourselves too when the little one is sick coz the tendency of us getting it is high too.