Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Checklist for 'School'

Christopher is starting school.....well, nursery (at his age) next week.

It is hard for me and yet easy.

Hard in that he will be the youngest child in the school that comprises of kids up till 6 years old.
Hard in that I am concerned if he will be able to regulate his eating and sleeping with school hours.

But I know the #2 hard point will soon be alright. Kids adapt easier.

But it will also be easy given I have been sending him (actually hubby drops him) to childcares since he was 4 months.
Easy in that I think he will like exploring things in school and playing at the playground.
Easy in that he already has 2 friends there from my previous babysitter anyway.

So, in preparation for his nursery....
School uniform - check
Sports outfit - check
Water bottle - check
Little school bag - check
Training pants - check
Nappies and nappy covers - check
Clothing 10 sets - check
Baby wash/shampoo - check

Have I missed anything?
By the way....I heard J&J's No Tears shampoo is not as 'no tears' as they claim it to be.....is it true?

14 comments:

mommy to chumsy said...

oh your lil one is going to enjoy it very much :D ashley has been using J&J No Tears shampoo since she was born. No drama from her...hehehehe

reanaclaire said...

wow..nursery needs so much? 10 sets of clothing too? reading yr post reminds me of my time with my boys..yes, i sent them at their age of 3..the first few days were hectic.. coaxing them was a "torture" ..hahhaa... but after some time, it was routinal.. phew..
all the best to u..now..hahaa...
oh, about the shampoo, i tak tahu about that...

Merryn said...

emergency phone number n mini first aid kit.. cannot rely on the nursery's first aid... :D n bantal busuk! (if any!) LOL...

andrewjune said...

wow...boy boy must be pretty excited to go nursery next week...and so does mummy! hehehe...

he is one big boy already ehhh :-)

well hope he adapts to the new scenario easily...which i am sure he will!

yeah rachael also using j&j's shampoo and so far, she's fine with it :-)

hissychick said...

A uniform?! Oh I have to see pics of that, how cute!!

Jaanvi said...

great... he must be excited and I am sure will have fun....
I am also using J&J's shampoo for my son and its fine so far...

Julie said...

Guess mommy is more excited than Christopher and anxious too! Hope everything is well and Christopher can adapt to it easily.

LittleLamb said...

wow..its like a real school with uniforms... let me know the outcome. i m eager to send philip to school. REAL CEC school. but my mom is now the teacher. home schooling him using the church's materials...

all the best to Chris.

Angeline said...

one at a time my dear...
ok first up! *hooray* boy-boy going school now... and that he has friends, really need not worry. *wink*

next,
your checklist is so good!
I remember the only thing I gave him was a bottle and a bag, of cos, with uniform and shoes and socks too.

finally,
the J&J...oh well, its not a rumour... its true! Actually, it also depends on the amount that went into the eyes....

HI said...

Wow...so young nursery school. How old does the nursery school start in M'sia?

Is it a whole day thing? Kinda like part nursery school, part daycare?

FAMILY FIRST said...

i wonder if the teachers will remember to help them pack back thier stuff into their bags .. cos I know for sure if next time i send my brat to school, sure hilang drinking bottle everyday one lah.

Looney Bin said...

I know exactly how you feel! Zaydeen is starting nursery too next week and though part of me is excited for her to go learn new things and socialize with other kids, but another part is worried about her being bullied or being abused by her caretakers. Read too much of those cases in the newspaper :(

Looney Bin said...

Hi Ann,
Nope since we're shifting to Puchong, I have put her up at a nursery in Puchong.

mumsgather said...

So... how's first day at Nursery? My kids have been using the shampoo since Day 1. I think its ok. Maybe test on yourself? Hehe.