Sunday, June 28, 2009

Classic ladies of old(er) shows

Remember the movie "Mirror has 2 faces"? Heartwarming romance movie. Remembered the first time I watchd it was when I was in Australia. All 8 of us in the dorm sat in the common room and watched it together - 4 Aussies and 4 Malaysians.

Barbra Streisand (Julie Andrews, Audrey Hepburn) are all classic ladies whom I will always cherish. Shows the like of Sound of Music, My Fair Lady, Hello Dolly...all musicals I wish for Christopher to see and love and sing along as well.

Looked up "I finally found someone", a duet by Barbra Streisand and Bryan Adams. It is the theme song for the show "Mirror has 2 faces".

Bryan Adams is a great singer....his death, maybe I will mourn. The hype over the weekend of MJ is really too much. Truth be told, MJ is a great singer but an eccentric guy...not really a fan.

Walking along the yellow brick road of movies brings me back to another movie that I loved when I was younger - "Pretty Woman". Love the fairytale romance. Love the casual defiance, self assuming attitude of Julia Roberts...yet managing still to capture the heart of Richard Gere. And in the end falling herself, with a kiss on the lips.

Thought and memory of the day.

OK folks...going back to my Barbra Streisand Youtube playlist. Remember to put on a song and sing it today. It sure cheers up a Monday morning.

6 comments:

Angeline said...

Aaawww... you might wanna consider sharing this post on my Song Sharing Sunday Post at my personal blog (not the children blog)...its music sharing day on every Sunday over there....

Anyhow, oh yes! I love Barbara!

Merryn said...

i love bryan adams too... so husky his voice! cant get one who sings like him nowadays. :)

ppl shud appreciate their fav singers/actors or anyone while they are still alive lah.. why the hype when they are dead, while when they were alive, they were ignored thru turbulent times? kan?

andrewjune said...

i was thinking to play mj's songs this morning you know...i grew up listening to his songs and i would lie if i said i dont feel a bit over his death...
thinking that a superstar like him at the age of 50, suddenly passed away...
may he RIP.

back to you, dear...
well, i do love barbara and bryan too. and i esp love the movie "pretty woman" :-)

Irene said...

ohhh i love this song by Barbara Streisand and Bryan Adams, its gives me goosebump whenever listening to it, mciam like real, damn feeling... hahahaha!

Moomykin said...

I love the classic musical too.

Just this evening I had put on Sound of Music for my boys. earlier Max was asking about the "Do Re Me" song, so the 2 older boys and I were totally absorbed into the song. Hahaha...

coffeesncookies said...

I remember watching Mirror Has 2 Faces. Can't recall much of the story but the song "Finally Found Someone" is always playing in my mind. :)