Sunday, June 7, 2009

Melancholic

Melancholic...that's me.

It is never far from me.

Hubby and boyboy chase it away once in a while.
But when I put on a piano piece, turn it up real loud and sit back and relax....

Melancholy has a way of finding me.

Of course, I am at work or alone when it catches up with me.

Boyboy gives me NO TIME to ever sit back.
He is at the age of discovery now.
Discovering that mummy has a booming voice and killer eyes whenever he misbehaves.
Discovering that it works better for him when he listens to mummy and follows instructions.
Discovering that he can use the fork to push food in his spoon.
Discovering that TV is quite interesting for him too.
Discovering that when he is done with eating, there are better things to do than to mess up the place and make mummy angry.

He is growing up. Melancholy has found me again.

11 comments:

Julie said...

Had he discovered mommy's make up set? :P

Jonathan still prefers to use his fingers to pick up the food and put on his spoon or use the fork as a spoon.

hissychick said...

Life- and especially motherhood- is like that.

Take care Ann, am thinking of you xx

LittleLamb said...

growing growing growing.....
sometimes i wish time will just stop at around 7 or 8 months old... :)

its part n parcel of life...

HI said...

Yes, I'm a melancholy too and a pessimist (just a little).

Merryn said...

but this is da BEST time of ur life, looking at him discovering things n looking sooo cute.. :D

andrewjune said...

seeing them growing up is one thing, being angry is another thing hahaha...
how i wish babies are born independent *dreaming*...but then again, we will NEVER experienced becoming a true mum!

Anonymous said...

My pastor never fail to remind us to enjoy the journey. Enjoy every moment with them, laugh on every stupid thing that they do. This season will past, you will start to miss it when it is over. So appreciate it while you can. In no time they will grow up and stay far far away from you, and will only give you a call once in a blue moon.

Baby Darren said...

Enjoy every moment while you can. Time passes very fast and he will soon no longer your little boy boy that allows you to cuddle and hug.

Put on a smile and think of his cheeky face, hope you cheer up soon!!

Uncle Lee said...

Hi Ann, you just take it easy and have fun. Kids grow very fast...and one day you'll sit back and laugh over his antics....wait few years, time to look after kids again....grandkids, ha ha.
You have a pleasant week, best regards, Lee.

Moomykin said...

I know what you mean about Melancholy. An old friend of mine too...

But it's good to focus more on Boyboy, and think more of the fun and funny times when alone.

...Or think of what you can do with him and get busy preparing stuff.
:)

Have a good week.

Angeline said...

*hugs*
Distractions are everywhere around me.... like you, but once there is a brief moment of silence or being-with-myself.... even if I'm shitting in the toilet (*laugh*), my dear friend : Melancholy does find me... and stays with me till another distraction comes along....