Thursday, July 23, 2009

7th Heaven.....again

Was going through Youtube....just realised that wow! too many things happened in the later episodes.

I so wish to be able to catch the entire thing right through....

But as I was going through the later parts...came upon a few Youtubes that well, I want to apply...

Gifts.

In the one entitled "Lucy's Gift", a person Lucy's dad helped decided to adopt all the 5 kids from one lady, who I guess could not keep them. And in return she gave Lucy's father a gift to give to Lucy - the gift of courage. Something to help her get back the courage to have another kid (she had a miscarriage).

I don't know what is inside to signify courage....but I thought this kind of meaning behind the gift is really truly meaningful.

The other one entitled "Mary's Gift" was a brown box wrapped around a little eraser. An eraser because as a young mum, Mary had made a little mistake which she could not forget that has held her back in the best of ways. Forgiveness belongs to God, but if we can forget the mistakes that we make, perhaps it will be easier for us to go on being our best. And so Mary's gift was that of forgetting (and in essence forgiving). This gift, although for Mary, was also given to Mary's father by a lady who has also been touched by her father.

The final one was entitled "Simon's Gift". I guess as a growing teenager, Simon must have lost his way. And a mother who had a son that Simon's father nurtured back to the right path gave this gift to Simon. It was a scarf curled up around a gift. To get to the gift, the scarf had to be unfurled and then the gift had to be somehow unravalled from the coverings. And the gift was a gift of purpose.

I think as a parent it is great to be there for people as much as we can and help them....that our kids may see the good in themself through the good we see in people. That people may always see the good in our kids through the good they see in us. And it is great when gifts in wrapping paper mean more tahn just the excitement of the moment. That is brings life long changes, more tahn money can buy.

Think about this perhaps as Christmas come.

Birthday gifts are forever meant to be frivolous!!! :)

2 comments:

Moomykin said...

Never knew 7th Heaven...
Interesting gifts from a parent...

I remember how as a teenager and fighting our parents, I'd always feel that they don't know me, not like my friends. But now, looking back, they had known me and loved me all the time.

Now with our kids, I can see that same thing coming round... :P

andrewjune said...

i'm also like mommykin...havent heard of 7th heaven...i thought it was chinese/taiwanese series...hahaha...