- 2 cups choco graham crumbs (which I ommitted)
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (I used my going to expire 3 in 1 milo)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk ( I used 3/5 of a can)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2cups semisweet choc chips (I ommitted)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an 8x8" baking pan with nonstick foil.
- In a large bowl, whisk graham cracker crumbs, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk condensed milk, egg and vanilla extract.
- Add milk mixture to dry, stirring until combined.
- Fold in 1 cup choco chips. Pour into pan and smoothen
- Bake 20-25 min until center comes out clean with toothpick.
- Spread i cup choc chips on top while it is still hot.
- Cover with foil for 5 min. Spread choc chip to form frosting.
- Cut into bars to serve.
Well....mine was cut into bars alright. Sis said it was GREAT but then she was fasting and eating only occasionally. Reckon all food tastes really good at this stage. Hubby says it was nicest when it was still warm from the oven....eaten with vanilla ice cream....mmmm...
Reckon anything with chocolate, even though it was only Milo would taste alright. Even boyboy ate a little bit.
BUT....I tell you this other cake I baked last weekend was a KILLER! It was polished up in 2 days!!! It helped that my parents were in town and eating it!! :) But seriously, this cake is a KEEPER!!! Even I LOVE IT!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 kosher salt
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt (I used the plain Nestle kind)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 whole large egg and 3 large egg white
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup veg oil
Glaze (I omitted)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Limoncello (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. LIne loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in one bowl.
- Mix yogurt, sugar, eggs, lemon zest and vanilla in another bigger bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and whisk together.
- Fold veg oil into batter
- Pour into pan and bake 50min-1 hour
- Cool for 10 min
- Combine glaze and pour on warm cake
The bottom part of the cake was a bit too moist....but this was because I was trying to be 'smart' and added the juice of 1 lemon as well. Reason being I didn't have a zest grater and grating 1 lemon zest was an accident prone act for me!
Also, I used my conventional oven for the first time instead of my toaster oven, which I had used for my brownies earlier. Was too lazy to take the instruction book out of the box earlier!!! Hai.....And now since I know how to use it, have decided to be more ambitious. Bought my baking soda already since alot of recipies call for it.
Have to visit Merryn to see how to stop the top part of the cake from breaking now. And next....going to bake some cookies. Really need to start following recipies and not being too clever!!! Have to practice enough so that next year, I can bake some CNY cookies!