Sunday, November 15, 2009

Eating habits

When I was carrying Christopher, I remember ....
  • I couldn't take any milk products especially ice cream or yogurt (foodies which I loved before that).
  • I could eat almost anything (though I craved pork noodles).
  • I still prefered noodles to rice.
  • The 2nd half of my 2nd trimester, I also craved honeydew and had to have one slice,at least, a day (I never ate honeydew before this)!

Christopher's eating habit is as such
  • Doesn't like his milk much
  • Loves salty food (chips etc.)
  • Prefers noodles to rice
  • Loves his vegetables and fruits

For this current pregnancy....
  • I look (and sometimes long) for yogurt or yogurt ice cream (Bulla kind!)
  • I don't really like salty food (especially chicken!!!)
  • Staring to prefer fried rice (which I would never have ordered last time, I was more a noodle person) and sushi (which I considered was just RICE!!!!).
  • I don't really crave for fruits, eat it more to soften the after-dinner taste in my mouth. Chocolates work as good!
So, I wonder if my kid will
  • LOVE his/her milk better than the big brother?
  • Be a picky eater at the dining table?
  • Love rice (and porridge) more than noodles?
  • Love cake for deserts more than vegetables or fruits!?

Does your eating habit when you are pregnant determine the eating habit of your child?

And if that is the case, would my drinking more herbal tea make my baby more acceptable to herbal tea when he/she is bigger? Coz boyboy doesn't take Lo Hon Kor or any other sweet herbal remedies (except bitter ginseng) now.

What do you think?

13 comments:

FAMILY FIRST said...

Sounds like its going to be a girl!!!!!

RM200 for 6ft? Which shop at 1U? Sounds cheap lah.

reanaclaire said...

that was what i think too.. different gender this time!

as long as mum and baby healthy, that is all matters.. eat whatever u love to eat now.. hahaha.. now is the best time not to think so much of dieting!

Cynthia said...

hehehe.. you just reminded me that during my pregnancy, I don't really being very choosy in food, and no craving.. now, my little Princess seems to be very 'wai sek' *faint*

LittleLamb said...

Ann.. dont think so much ok.. just relax n enjoy ur pregnancy...

mommy to chumsy said...

hahahhaa..this is funny. i guess you gotta force yourself to eat the things you dislike together with the rest of the food that you like so that your little one would love everything :D

Merryn said...

i only have one anak, so no experience to comment much on this. :)

Mummy Gwen said...

Hey..I never thought of this eating habits thingy until you posted this.

Ok..When I was pregnant with Gwen, I love yoghurt and drink lots of flavoured milk. I craved for nangka during the last trimester. Love to eat chic rice.

Gwen loves her milk alot. She likes fruits and coincidently she likes nangka too...wow. She don't quite like to eat meat though.

Julie said...

I don't think so. It's just they way kids are and each of them are different. When I was preggie with Jonathan, I don't have any cravings or dislike and turn out Jonathan loves to eat everything. And he's a soup fella unlike me.

Angeline said...

This post reminded me of a documentary done with 10+ mothers over a period of many years. The longest documentary yet. Observing if the habits of the Mommy before birth, would affect her child, after birth...
There is a link of some sort, but not direct...
Too bad, I didn't complete the documentary.... so I didn't know the conclusion....

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

I guess some how it is true that what mommy eat during preggy will affect the baby's taste preference in future.

I remembered I dislike egg during preggy so I hardly ate it and now Sarah not a big fan of it.

Seems like both of your pregnancy has a different craving of food yeah.

hissychick said...

Both of my girls are chocoholics, miss A loves mango and miss E is a demon for chai...so I give a big thumbs up to your theory.

As for number three...we'll wait and see if the chai/chocolate thing continues LOL

andrewjune said...

mmm, can you eat sushi when you're preggie? i thought it's not advisable? maybe in moderation ok :-)

btw, when i was preggie, i was crazily in love with ice cream and i eat noodles more than rice as well...
i guess rachael is just as the same as now :-)

Irene said...

i cud not take pork when pregger time (i love eating porky) lil missy came out donwan to eat pork also... hmmm... i also duno if it's related, but my hubs memang hates porky. haha!