Monday, December 14, 2009

I was on leave

Yes....I was on leave the whole week last week. It all started out with an eye infection on Monday which resulted in two days of MC. And I already had planned leave on Friday. So, my boss told me to take the whole week off since I had 40 days to clear and only 2 more months to do it!

Yes.....I will be out of job by end Feb. Hopefully some news on my new contract will come before I deliver. Can't imagine myself doing a teleconferencing interview in hospital!!! I think my milk will like dry up on the spot! (smiles)

Anyway, my parents were also down last week (part of the reason why I so readily agreed to take off). But no, I didn't manage to get much Christmas shopping done. Partly due to the fact that I was trying to search for a dinner gown with a 5-month huge tummy. Empire cut dresses sure seem hard to come by when you are really looking!!!

Also I discovered that I have not really been maintaining myself very well. Ummm.....I shall spare the details of my bulging unsupported fats! :)

And I also decided to whip up a new dish to satisfy my craving of kerabu mee hoon. I used:
1) 1 bunga kantan (only used the pink flower bit)
2) 5 leaves of limau purut
3) 1 medium sized serai (the inner end parts)

Cut all these ingredients extremely fine. And I MEAN extremely fine.

Boil some mee hoon.

Add the hot meehoon to your raw finely sliced herbs. Pour chilli tuna over the whole thing. Added in half a lemon juice and mix well.

Actually, I should have used lime instead of lemon. Also should have added small onions and dried shrimps and used tom yam tuna instead. But well....the mixture still turned out great. And apart from the slicing, this dish is relatively easy to make.

Hubby also found it good! :)

I would be making it again the next time I am on leave. And next time I would try to get my Christmas shopping done!

By the way....am I the only one working during the year end?

12 comments:

Irene said...

u still have 40 days of leave?!?! *faint*

u dont take leave throughout the year izit? haha...

mommy to chumsy said...

wow, you can still whip up some yummy food? good job :D when i was pregnant, i didn't have the mood to do anything..not even work :D wow, 40 days of annual leave? that's a lot :D

LittleLamb said...

wah...purposely to buy a dress for dinner...a bit wasted right.. anyway were u successful? i hv a decent black dress *loose*..if u want, can loan u...

why out of job? hope u getyr contract renew.. n while u r on Al...rest n enjoythe holidays.

Mummy Gwen said...

I hope you get a new contract soon. You should rest more and enjoy your long annual leave.

Aiyo..your kerabu meehoon with chili tuna some more sure sedap.

Merryn said...

if i can have 4 days of leave oso I happy dy lor. You have 40??? lol.. shiok man!

Julie said...

That's easy to make. I shall try. I love kerabu and must make sure it's sour enough. But I try to refrain from spicy food now because it caused heartburn. Hate that feeling.

Sasha said...

40 days leave. Lucky u., I have none. And yes.. i'll accompany u work this year end cos i have no leave or what-so-ever. Damn pathetic

Shireen Loh said...

40 days leave in my ex-co, will be classified as eternity!! heheheh...ok, hope u find your dress. and if we ever meet up, whip me up one of your kerabu meehoon will ya! :-)

Pat said...

No leave for me, too, coz my spent my leave earlier this year on my second one's jaundice, then my dad's illness.

Positive note - you get a quiet office :)

Baby Darren said...

WHAT.... 40 days of leave? Envy envy you lah..i don't even have a single day leave...

Start taking leave and enjoy ur shopping before the bum turns heavy.

FAMILY FIRST said...

Just got a new job, so annual leave is not a word I can use this year. Hope all goes well. But if not, enjoy being a SAMH for a while lah. You might like it.

Moomykin said...

Your recipe sounds good, but if I make a dish like that I'll really be doing it for myself. None of my boys, including Gadget-daddy takes spicy food. So sad. They don't know what they are missing.
;)

Hope you get a renewal of contract. I know it's hard coping with uncertainties.