Monday, December 21, 2009

Memories of Christmas

My colleague asked me yesterday what I did for Christmas last year. AND to my horror, I couldn't remember !!!! Gosh!

I checked my blog and discovered I never wrote when I did on Christmas eve or on that day itself. SO....

I should make it a point to write down any out of the ordinary things that I do and what I do every festival!

So, last weekend was an out of the ordinary one.

For one....we nearly spent 6 hours in 1U. Reason being 1 and a half hours was spent having high tea in Cinnamon Cafe, One World Hotel.

I remembered when I was carrying Christopher around the 5th-6th month, hubby also took me for a buffet.

The Cinnamon Cafe spread was great. Well....for a novice in buffets, I have nothing much to compare against.

There were cold dishes, dishes in porcelin spoons and dishes in table spoons. There were oysters (baked in cheese and parbroiled), prawns and crabs, japanese (raw sushi and sashimi), the usual malaysian spread, satay, noodles, pasta....

For desert, there was a chocolate fondue, ice kacang, cakes and puddings, chocolates (dark and milk) and fruits.

Boyboy ate his portion. He enjoyed his pasta and of course his sushi. hubby ate his fill. I ate more than the last buffet 2 years back, according to hubby.

At night, would you believe it, hubby still had a craving. But for stewed duck porridge. Good thing too....coz I had enough meat for the day. Just ate pickled vegetables with my porridge! :)

It was a good Saturday. High tea (more like lunch) and then shopping for Christmas and then planning for our family Christmas lunch.

So, my plans for the 24th-26th?

Tong Yuen dinner with my parents on the 24th. Family lunch (with my sister's boyfriend as the newest addition) on the 25th. Dinner gathering at my sister's bf's house on the 25th. Dinner with my extended 'family' on the 26th.

Then work work work.

So....do you remember what you did last Christmas?

And may all of you have a blessed time with family and friends, remembering that Christmas is about relationships and not about food! Have a good one ya all!

7 comments:

reanaclaire said...

i cannot even remember what I Did Last Summer.. lol... last christmas? i got to check my blog la.. but i know i was in IPOH.. what i did, i really cannot recall too .. sigh..

anyway, Merry Christmas Ann!! Hope you enjoy yr tong yuen jit, it is today... we r going out for a dinner with my whole family, mum , sis.. etc etc..

Cynthia said...

Merry Christmas to you... and being today the tang yuen festive, also wish you had a good meal too! :D Last Christmas? I was having a pregnancy, and celebrated with some friends... :p

mommy to chumsy said...

oh boy, i can't remember either :( old age :((

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.

Mummy Gwen said...

I can't remember either..haha. Enjoy your Christmas holiday. :D Merry Christmas to you and your family!

FAMILY FIRST said...

You are not alone ......

coffeesncookies said...

I can only remember last year was a lonely year for us. This year, I'm cooking a feast and wanna make sure everyone has a good time.
Merry Christmas to you and your family. Your next Christmas will certainly be a busier one eh ?

Julie said...

When I cannot remember, I'll look back at the photos I took and the post I wrote.

Blessed Christmas to you and family!