Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My day yesterday

Dragged my feet to work. It seems to get worse as the week progresses. I feel it's like the tiredness accumulates day by day.

Worked and facebooked (playing Cafe World now) and listened to music and ate.

Then at 11 am, received a call from my son's school. Boyboy was having a mild fever. Decision required. Give him medicine or come take him home? I decided to bring him home.

He was jumping up and down when he saw me. He even opened the latch by himself and started looking for his shoes. The 'kakak' was opening the gate for me.

He must have been very excited to go home coz he came and hugged me and kept calling me.

"Fever....what fever?" I asked the kakak.

And really when I came home and checked, he wasn't having much of a temperature at all. But when he saw the themometer, he kept proclaiming "Christopher fever".

Gave him a cool Frootos drink and sat him under the fan. Called hubby and got him to pack lunch for us.

Christopher was surprisingly good. He watched his Barney while I continued to work from home. When it was time to eat, he sat down quietly everytime I bellowed for him to sit still. Yes, I still needed to bellow several times. But only one warning got him into action.

He ate three quarts of his noodles. And then whined to see Barney again. For which I told him no more TV. He needs to lie down now and sleep. After his nap, I will allow him to see Barney again with his milk.

No complains. No tantrums. He just lay down on the sofa, turned his back on the TV and sucked his thumb to sleep. I think its his school routine as well.

He woke up at 3+, about the time I was watching my 7th Heaven and whined that it was Barney time. But I told him mummy wants to finish watching this show. After that we will watch Barney. He agreed. Drank the remaining of his Frootos drink and ate some fruits.

When my show ended, he jumped up and exclaimed that my show was over. Barney time with milk now.

My, my.....talk about biding time!

Even when he pooped, I had no trouble bringing him up to wash. He usually kicks up such a fuss.

We went for a walk after that to see the lorries at the construction site, the crane and the 3 dogs in the neighbourhood. He tried to let go of his hand. But after the scare of him running out to the streets one evening (and thinking it was funny watching his pregnant mummy running after him), I have never let go since, even if it is for a short while. And that gets tough coz he has sweaty palms.

He didn't kick up a fuss too when I told him that we need to shower now.

Or when after dinner, I had to wash up the dishes, throw the rubbish and still iron his uniform. After which when I sat down, he was already aching for someone to play with him. But I told him that mummy was tired. Can give mummy some time to rest for a while? He looked at me, nodded his OK and played with his aeroplanes. I finished my cup of warm water and made tunnels for him!

And when he was thirsty, he brought me my cup of water before taking his bottle. And when I stopped, he told me he has alot of water more and asked me if he could share some with me.

And at night when he requested for some biscuits and I told him after his second one that when we finish this, we will go upstairs to sleep already, he nodded and said OK. And really after finishing it, he got up to wash his hands and allowed me to take him (and his bus) up to sleep.

My day yesterday? It was indeed a good day. Even though I had to do almost everything by myself and my feet ached by night fall, Christopher was very cooperative.

He has alot of me in him. So it is sometimes easy for me to understand why he throws tantrums. But it does take alot of talking and alot of patience to control him. He is a relatively good boy. Two isn't all that terrible some days at all.

12 comments:

eugene said...

Throwing tantrums is part of a child's life, as long as not over doing it, well,,not a problem lah..

take care now

mumsgather said...

Fighting with Christopher over the TV eh? Next you will fight over the pc. lol

Ponytail said...

Very good boy! Can understand Mommy and help Mommy too...

On the road to be a good kor kor :)

LittleLamb said...

hmmmm i think he prefers to be at home than in school...

mNhL said...

Really envy you when I read this post. Your boy is so obedient. My stubborn boy always make my blood boiled and always thorwing trantrum. He is already 3 +. Sigh!

coffeesncookies said...

what's the school's policy on fever ? Will they administer panadol if you ask them too ? I've spoken to Amber's principal, they don't give medicine unless it's special needs. Playing by the 4 hour ruling in kindies, all parents are require to administer meds before coming to school.
Anyway, I think he had a good day at home with you. :)

Mummy Gwen said...

Good boy, Christopher! I think he is going to be loving kor kor. :)

Angeline said...

It was NEVER a terrible-two experience for me. It has always been a terrific-two for both my boys.

Seriously, I think Christopher is an awesome kid with the usual kiddo tantrums. In fact, there is a belief, which I think its quite true, that when Mommy is pregnant, the kid will be more sticky and obedient to the Mommy, becos he of jealousy. *giggle*

MeRy said...

Good boy....very understandable.

Merryn said...

tired still can play in facebook lagi! lol.. have a great weekend :)

mommy to chumsy said...

good boy good boy :) sometimes they are ok and sometimes they make you wanna pull your hair out :D

Baby Darren said...

wow..he is such a darling boy. Lucky he was behaving extremely well...or else...i can imagine how tired and frustrated u'll be at this stage handling a demanding toddler.