Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Note to self : toilet-training-full-gear-ahead

This is to remind myself that as of 26th Jan 2010, I started toilet training Christopher.

  • As of now, he doesn't seem to have control over his bladder. I am beginning to notice that he stops and thinks and then pees within a few seconds.
  • And I think he is beginning also to understand the consequences of this feeling he is getting and then what happens after that - which is a wet floor and wet pants.
  • He is starting to become conscious of what I mean by "shee shee", "wetting his pants" and my reaction to it.
  • He repeats after me that "Big boy, no diaper." and "Shee shee tell mummy."

We shall see how it goes.

Admittedly so far, I have been very lazy to toilet train him. What with the issue of public toilets!!!

But well....training pants out are out. We now have an extra towel downstairs and we have bought him extra pants. Full gear ahead!

But sometimes when I am doubled over wiping the floor I am wondering.....

By the way, my other resolution beginning this year is to wean him off his thumb!

8 comments:

reanaclaire said...

Less wiping on floor if he does know about toilet training.. :)

eugene said...

sometimes something just have to come naturally...........

mNhL said...

thumb sucking will be break off naturally. YX was bitting his finger nails when he was 2 +. Nothing could stop him from that until one fine day, he stop by himself and he was proud to show me his long finger nails and said "mummy, please cut" ! ^_^

Mummy Gwen said...

You will have less stress when he is ready for toilet training. When he is willing to sit on the potty, it's a good sign already. Wishing you good luck. :)

Julie said...

I'm one lazy mommy to when it comes to toilet train. Now Jonathan is diaperless during the day. Night, he is still on diaper as I can't afford to have wet bed sheet. Outdoor, on diaper coz I don't want to get shamed for wet pants and pee in the public.

Yeah, my other challenge is to wean him off his pacifier which i am still contemplating as can't his cry and fuss.

andrewjune said...

Ann, i'm also one lazy mummy as well to train her fully to be diaper-less...
as for her thumb sucking, it is still VERY difficult to wean her off as well!

LittleLamb said...

oh..thank God philip does not suck his thumb. n i hv successfully wean him off pacifier..

now is toilet training....argh! difficult but i think i can do it. just more perseverance..n with cny around..more days to practice.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Christopher likes to suck his thumb? He will do that when he feels sleepy or whichever time he likes?