Thursday, March 11, 2010

A little action before bed!

I have been having bad tummy aches of late. Maybe coz the baby has turned and is pressing down on my bowels or kicking my stomach most of the time!

So anyways, a bad tummy ache brought me upstairs last night at 9.45 pm, ignoring boyboy's plea for me to play with him and ignoring hubby's looks at me and what is happening!

Went to the toilet and sat there for a while.

Some 20 min later, I crawled to bed. But I was too uncomfortable. My feet and hands were beginning to swell up. It felt like my skin could not contain whatever it was that was making it swell.

I tried to ignore it, like I was ignoring everything else that night, but it kept sleep at bay.

In the end, I whispered to hubby if he was awake? We usually try to keep quiet so that boyboy gets so bored he will fall asleep on his own.

Hubby was. So, I told him about my swelling limb-ends and my aching tummy (not to mention my aching back and the endless pressure on my anus!).

Got him to go downstairs and get me some pillows to elevate my legs.

And just when hubby came upstairs, we heard a small voice asking "Daddy, I want milk please!"

Sigh....and down daddy goes for his milk.

And when he was done, down Daddy went again to clean up his bottle.

And last night, I went to toilet 5 times and Christopher woke up 3 times.

Just a little action, I said....but yeah, the swelling has begun!

11 comments:

Julie said...

This is when we can't wait for the baby to be out soon.

I'm having stiff fingers every morning until I can't even hold my toothbrush and clench my fists.

mNhL said...

Hope you are coping it well. Do you have them in the 1st pregnancy as well. Because you sounded so calm.

At night, we also don't talk so the kids will bored themselves to sleep. Otherwise, they will ask for MILK as well !

LittleLamb said...

have a safer delivery ya

and why hubby need to clean the bottle? for the night feeds, i will just leave it till the next day morning to clean it...

mommy to chumsy said...

oooo..poor you. must be very uncomfortable. hang in there mommy.

Debbie Y said...

We did the same on the keep quiet moment. But I feel kind of funny when Christopher whipered by asking daddy for milk.

Btw, wish you a smooth delivery soon!!!

Mummy Gwen said...

Hang in there. Baby is coming very soon!

smallkucing said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, Ann.

Sorry it took so long for me to come to your.

wow...you are 7 month pregnant? Just two more months..hanging there, Ann. :D

andrewjune said...

hang in there, ann...

soon you will be having her in your arms...and i can't wait to see her :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Hang in there Ann...

BoeyJoey said...

signs of labor is approaching! Be patient, soon enough you'll have bubba in your arms -)

coffeesncookies said...

ahh.. you thought he was asleep but he wasn't at all... so next time don't assume.. very dangerous.. they boy could be watching the things you do or eaves dropping ! hahahaha... cute tho'