Tuesday, April 6, 2010

37th week 3 days

As soon as I entered the room....

Q1 : Have you been having contractions?
A1 :Have been having pain but not sure if those are contractions.

Q2 : Baby movement ok?
A2 : Yes.

Current weight? 56.5 kg

After doctor check.....verdict?

Predicting delivery in the next few days.
Currently dilated at 3 cm.

First time my gynae has a worried serious talk with me, throwing me questions left and right.

  • Would it better to be at work where your colleagues can send you to the hospital if anything happens?
  • If you are at home, is there anyone who can send you to hospital straight away?
  • I am worried that if anything happens, you won't get to the hospital in time.
  • Better come in as soon as there are signs ok like contractions every 30 minutes!

I was like ummm....I don't even know if the pain I am having is contractions! :)

So anyway, he has scheduled my next appointment on Thursday. I presume if I am very much dilated, he would induce the birth.

Right now, I am sore and slightly bleeding (I presume from the check in dilation). Fingers cross I really don't want to go through another vaginal check for dilation.

11 comments:

smallkucing said...

you will know it's contraction. the pain will be at your lower back. Then there might be some blood in ur undies

simon said...

april 8th! april 8th! :)

lyncpf513 said...

wow... april 8 will share birthday with my little niece...
btw, are u expecting a prince or princess??
Wish u smooth smooth delivery ya..
Baby n mummy healthy healthy!

mumsgather said...

Wish you a speedy and smooth delivery Ann. Take good care of yourself. :)

Mummy Gwen said...

whoa..it's coming already. Wishing you a smooth delivery and take care!

I was like you too...I didn't feel any contraction and I was 1cm dilated during my 38 weeks check-up. I was induced the next morning.

mNhL said...

Its coming! Wish you have a smooth delivery. Wow...3cm dilated already.

Shireen Loh said...

good luck and have a smooth delivery. Don't wanna scare you but, when I was 2 cm dilated in the morning, I gave birth at 1++am...so.....ok...ok..dun wanna stress u up.

mommy to chumsy said...

take care ann.

hissychick said...

Gotta hate those exams...but it might just speed things up, especially if a stretch and sweep was done at the same time.

It's a cliche but you will know when you are in labour ;)

Best of luck for a safe and smooth labour and birth. Please tell me that you aren't still working?!

Pat said...

Will be same birthday as my Vanessa if April 8th, haha :)

Danny said...

you should have delivered by now. hope all was well and take care. we'll be waiting for your next post.