Thursday, April 29, 2010

On taking care of Caylee

It's 3 weeks now since this litle girl invaded into our world!

She is everything I prayed for (fullstop). If any of you are ever planning for a child, be soooo specific in your prayer! :) God answers completely the things you ask for (only).

Please note I am not complaining at all about the quirks of my little girl. It's just marvelous how God has answered all my prayers for her and yet.....

At 3 weeks, Caylee can turn her head 180 degrees and frequently scares me at night coz I am not sure if there would be any point in time when she runs out of energy to complete the turn!!!

And she loves body contact and frequently requests to be carried and refuses to sleep on her own in her baby cot. So, she is sleeping on/beside me now which leaves me little room to sleep or little sleep at all (coz I will find myself checking on her everytime she makes a turn - which she announces with a grunt or a whimper).

And of course with Caylee on the master bed, Christopher also wants to claim a part of the bed. Which really leaves me sandwiched between 2 kids. Hubby has the better deal - a super single bed all to himself.

And it is great indeed that she is a superb drinker. I think she is addicted to MILK !!! :) She requests for it clockwork every 2 hours. And if she poops or is awake in between feeds, she will start requesting for milk half an hour before time is due. Which really means if she takes her milk at 7.30am, finishes it at 7.40 am, plays/poops, by 8+ when we try to put her to bed, she is ready to cry for milk AGAIN by 9 am.

And if we submit to her cries at 9am, she won't finish her milk or fall asleep in between and then cry again at 10 am for the rest of her milk!!!

So, at 3 weeks, we are mastering the art of keeping her BUSY for half an hour so that at least at the alloted time, she will finish her milk and prayerfully fall asleep!

But what a ruckus! It leaves all of us at a wits end really when we fail to occupy her and she gets so agitated.

She is different from Christopher in that way. Christopher was a poorer drinker and slept alot. So....as I say.....I should not complain Caylee is drinking plentiful. :)

One thing both kids have in common though is that they all have a way to find their thumb in their mouth!!! And thus, we have resorted to a pacifier for Caylee. Seems easier to wean of a pacifier than a thumb!!! Sigh....

9 comments:

mNhL said...

Both my kids are not on pacifier and they wean off their thumb before they turn 1 years old. But that depends on individual too.

Glad that baby enjoying her milk.

andrewjune said...

wow, both love their thumbs huh :)

glad to hear caylee is drinking her milk VERY well...

*hugs & kisses to baby caylee*

Techcrazee said...

all sounds too familiar :) Glad you are enjoying yourself.

Ponytail said...

did Caylee protest when you swaddle her? seems that carrying her to sleep is not gonna be a long term solution...
with Zoe (3 yrs ago and my memory might not be that clear at all), I think we did that to her and she finally sleeps without me needing to carry her all the time...hee hee

Just a thot!

Mummy Gwen said...

Glad to know Caylee loves drinking milk. Gwen drank every 2 hours when she was a baby and she also sleeps alot.

Caylee routine will change later..this is only temporary. ^_^

P/S: Thanks for offering help to ferry things for us to Jakarta..you are so nice. :D We will be back to KL for holiday 3 weeks later. In fact Hubby is going back next week for some workshop thingy.

smallkucing said...

sound like my kid la. Loves milk. And wants to be hold offen when he was a baby

Family First said...

My boy was sucking very 2 hrs too ... for many many months!!! And at age 3, still needs 2 nite feeds. So one is enough for me.

Sasha said...

Hello...

SO SORRRRYY I COME SO LATE

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Julie said...

Yeah, should not complain she drinks plentiful. Jonathan drinks a lot and every visit to pediatrician, he will comment that he is overweight.

And now it's opposite with Samantha. Due to her condition, she needs to gain weight but her growth rate so far is slow.

Yeah, pacifier is better than thumb.