Thursday, April 1, 2010

Toilet Training

I always thought it easier to teach a child to poop in the potty. But was told and now know for a fact that teaching a child to pee is easier!

So, what has been happening these pass 3 days?

30th March

I took boyboy's nappy and nappy cover (not even diaper mind you) off when he came back from school and put him in his training pants and shorts.

On previous occasions, he would tell me that he wants to pee and then tell me that he has pee-d or that he was wet.

But on this day he told me that he wanted to pee.

This time I didnt take him and make him sit on the potty. Instead I held a old prune container before him and let him pee inside. He looked at me, kept quiet a while and really pee-d in the container.

I could see from his facial expression that it was such a revelation to pee in the container.

Kungkung and pohpoh of course made a great big deal about it to encourage him further.

He spent the rest of the night diaperless without any accidents.

31st March

Not only did he tell us everytime he wanted to pee and without any accidents too! But he also pooped in the potty. I would have to say his pooping was not deliberate, more of by chance that I made him sit on the potty coz he told me his stomach ached and he couldn't hold it in anymore.

And for pooping in the potty, he reminded kungkung of his promise!


1st April

The pee-ing continues without accident but a funny thing happened.

He did tell me he was having a tummy ache. So, after his pee, I was inteding to sit him down on the potty. But half way pee-ing, his poop came out as well!!!

So, our first accident in the toilet training process.

One thing I feel after these 3 days is that he is not that 'secure' pooping in the potty. Maybe the potty is too low. Whereas if he was standing while pooping, I think he would have pooped more!

Anyway.....thinking of getting the old fashion potty which is higher for him. Maybe the one I have is too uncomfortable.

They say don't push until the child is ready. But if I hadn't started 3 days ago, I would not have known he was ready. So, I am glad I tried again even though he didn't show any positive signs before! :)

8 comments:

Shireen Loh said...

Hey Ann...thought u have pop-ed already! :-). Until of course, you commented on my blog..oh my girl refuses to sit on the potty even though her potty costs more than my hair-cut. she just doesn't want us to remove her pampers or that she doesn't like it whenever we tell her not to wear. We'll just have to try harder :-(

Sasha said...

let him poop in the adult toilet with the cushion thinggy :)

andrewjune said...

hey, thumbs up for mummy's efforts to potty train boy boy!
i thk he is ready!

smallkucing said...

uiks? mine terbalik wor. Mine now know how to poop into the potty but yet to learn to pee in the potty.

coffeesncookies said...

confused. April 30th & 31st ?
I think I know which potty, like the Ikea and Anakku ones. really low and uncomfortable. Get the traditional potties,, plain colored, taller and more comfy. How bout those toilet seat for kids, just put on top of your toilet bowl, that's good too !
here's wishing you a safe delivery .

Mummy Gwen said...

That was easy. Well done, Christopher.

P/S: For the sambal paste, I just combine some dried chillies, fresh chillies, onions/shallots and garlic and blend it together.

mommy to chumsy said...

oh i thought you have already pop-ed too :D good job Christopher and have a safe delivery Ann :D

LittleLamb said...

good job there...
sign of relief...