Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sickness takes its toll

I understand now the importance of taking care of myself first before I can take care of anyone else.

I had a bad sorethroat Tuesday night. Really bad in that I couldn't even speak or sleep! I was sucking strepsils, sweets, guggling with Listerine, drinking honey, drinking water etc. When girl girl woke up and couldn't fall back asleep, I couldn't even sing her to sleep.

Worse still was the raspy breathing of Christopher beside me making me worried and awake. An occasional cough from boy boy and also hubby. Sigh....

Was going through in my head what I need to boil tommorrow. And the fact that I could not drink Hor Yan Ho because Caylee doesn't take too well to tea in her breastmilk!

The next day was worse. Thank God hubby took paternity leave. I decided to keep Christopher at home as well. Went to the doctor and got some presrcibed medicine for myself and boyboy.

Wednesday was such a bad day. I was feverish. Hubby was warm sitting under the fan while I was sitting as far as I can and was still shivering.

Worse still was that I had to take care of Christopher while hubby took care of girl girl.

All I wanted to do was to crawl under the covers. But I had to play 'car' with Christopher and watch TV with him.

Antibiotics helped clear my throat which was the worse of the pain. Runny nose at least I can manage since it doesn't cause pain, just inconvinience.

Christopher looks better. But now Caylee is down with a flu.

I really have to eat well and exercise and take care of myself. Else I cannot take care of hubby or the kidlets at all!

7 comments:

Julie said...

Oh dear. Poor thing. Yeah, we can't afford to get sick. Hope everyone will get well soon.

mNhL said...

Take care Ann. Hope you will recover soon.

smallkucing said...

Thats why in plane they always advice to take care of ownself before take care of others.

Sorethroat not good to eat strepsil coz it got sugar. The sore throat will become worse. Gargle with salt water and drink a lot of plain water works for me

MeRy said...

Hope you guys wil recover soon...

Mummy Gwen said...

I hope you will recover soon. Mothers cannot afford to fall sick. So "charm" leh. :( You take care dear.

Mummy Gwen said...

The hair salon I went to is called E3. They have a few branches in Puchong. I read some not so good reviews from a forum I just googled.

andrewjune said...

hope you guys hv recovered by now...
thk god, ur hubby was able to take leaves and take care of girl girl!