Tuesday, June 29, 2010

We are the reason

I heard this song one fateful Christmas in Elim Gospel Hall Ipoh. I was not a Christian then and was just following my uncle to this celebration.

But then I heard this song.....and tears just flowed down my cheeks. It was embarassing to me at that time. I didn't know then how God touches people. I am glad to say the tears have never stopped.....



Anyway, I was listening to this song again last night and my son was curious as to what I was doing.

So, he climbed onto my lap and I let him see this video and listen to the song as well.

And I told him the story of Jesus crucifiction. I used words like sin and suffering. I compared mummy's beatings which has no blood to the beatings we saw which had ALOT of blood. I related blessings to sweets, food to eat and a house. I told him that is why we go to church and why mummy makes him sit still and pray quietly. I tried to make my explanation of what was happening simple to him.

He nodded several times, asked a few where-s when I told him things that were abstract. I didn't know how much he could absorb or whether the whole thing meant anything to him at all. He did repeat after me that he should not walk around in church and that he should pray like this (close his eyes and put his hands together).

Then just before we went to sleep, when I thought all was forgotten, he asked me again "Mummy, why the bad people beat Jesus Christ until so much blood?"

I am glad he asked me again. I opened my sleepy eyes and gladly told him the whole story again.

11 comments:

reanaclaire said...

Oh Ann, what a coincidence! this song was sung by the koreans and i bought the cd from them.. they were at Elim church last weekend and in my church too..
We are the reason that He suffered and died..
yes, the lyrics were very meaningful...

mommy to chumsy said...

I just watched the video and it made me cry too :( thanks for sharing this meaningful song.

simon said...

one of my favorite christmas songs too. it was a christmas concert by a singaporean choir in my church when i was 11 years old when i first heard it.

LittleLamb said...

Thank you for this...i've been searching for this. I only knew the chorus..and now i can hear the whole song. Even without watching the video, tears drop.... will put up in FB soon to remind all my friends about Him.

Jaanvi said...

I am not a christian but I do believe in God and can understand the emotions behind this beautiful song. Keeping HIM close to you is the best thing is life that you can do but somehow it is not always possible...

smallkucing said...

sobs

Dora said...

Although I'm a free thinker, I guess u r absolutely doing great in teaching some values in life to the kid thru religious stories :-)

Mummy Gwen said...

Thanks for sharing. *sob sob*

Debbie Y said...

It's an touching song... and you really great by telling your son about the story!!!

Ponytail said...

Praise the Lord!
I love this song too and thanks for sharing it!

I heard it from a Christian blogger...touching!

Jen Cheung said...

sucha sad video!!

jen