Saturday, July 17, 2010

The day after

Yesterday was my sister's wedding.

The night before, all of us were tossing and turning in bed going through our minds what we had to do only the next day.

Reckon all of us (as in the Hoong family only) had only 2-3 hours of sleep. We greeted each other the next morning with HUGE black bags under our eyes.

It was an adrenalin high for me. I had lots to do, tasks which I ticked off 'done' in my head. And I carried the ang paus everywhere I went as well as the bags of presents.

I was more stressed as the glorified MAID than when I was the bride! And tears threatened to overflow more often than when I, as the bride had to say my vows or make my speech.

Now, my son is down with a cough and flu (courtesy of my cousin from Australia). My parents have left back to Ipoh, towing him along. Poh Poh feels it better to quarantine him from Caylee since she is due for her shots this week.

After the rush, I am at an all time low. And without my son to occupy me, I am listening to songs all too sentimental to bring me out of this valley. Maybe I need to sleep.

10 comments:

reanaclaire said...

hi Ann..so u were busy too.. me either.. rest first then read my email.. :)

smallkucing said...

Rockabye baby on the tree top~

Hope you will have a good rest tonoight. Ya...sometimes wedding can make you sleepless :p

And congratulations to your sis :D

Mummy Gwen said...

Congrats to your sis! I can imagine how exhausted you were. Have a good rest, dear.

Jaanvi said...

many congratulations.. I can understand how much work it would have been.. take rest and enjoy the break without kids... take care

LittleLamb said...

did the wedding reminded your own one??

I saw some pics on FB. which church was it? KD? I saw Ps Reynold.

mNhL said...

Ahhh...now everythings are over. Go get a rest! And since you boy is with your parents, it is the best time to rest too! haha... I know how busy u will be if to handle 2 kids at the same time. I always hope someone will help me to babysit either 1. If can, both!

Dora said...

Congrats to your sis, Ann! I think you should take some good rest to "recharge battery" & hope your boy is ok by now :-)

Dora said...

Hi Ann, I have an award for you. Pls come over & claim it when free :-) Thx!

Uncle Lee said...

Hi Ann, how you doin'? Been a long time.
Here's wishing you all the very best. Keep well, Lee.

andrewjune said...

congrats to your sister...again :)