Sunday, July 11, 2010

Your highest investment

My sis was lamenting over the amount of money she has to fork out for her wedding this coming weekend.

And in my head, I was thinking "She has to let it go!"

Weddings are expensive. You hope to recover the cost of your dinner but if you want a beautifully decorated church, a good enough lunch after church, wine for dinner and red packets to go around, they all require BIG $$$.

I would rate a wedding the 3rd biggest 'investment' after a house and kids' education. The 4th would be a car and the 5th a holiday.

But I do know a couple who has a more expensive car compared to the apartment they inhabit.

What are your investments? And how do they rate in your life?

10 comments:

reanaclaire said...

hi Ann
did u check your email? have u write it up yet? :p

Jaanvi said...

The first biggest investment is certainly the house and then the education.. my wedding was a very small affair so I would even rate may car before that... :)

coffeesncookies said...

1. house 2. children's education. wedding not important.... it's what happens thereafter that counts :)... car also not not important.. depreciates.

eh.. you want my pineapple tarts ka ? lemme know as i'm baking them this wk. email me emtan99@gmail.com

smallkucing said...

agree with coffeesncookies. The wedding reception is only for people to see.

Mummy Gwen said...

Our biggest investment will be the house. We didn't spend alot on our wedding.

mNhL said...

Chinese wedding are usually expensive. and yes...kid's educations are real expensive nowadays.

mun said...

Biggest investment for me is definitely a house. I wouldn't consider holidays, cars, weddings as investments, they are just expenses. Some people just registered for their marriage that's it, no wedding banquet and reception at all, and they still live happily ever after.

LittleLamb said...

my biggest investment, cannot be in monetary value is having Philip.

Mamapumpkin said...

With a little creativity, one can still have an amazing wedding with a low budget :-)

For me, anything that'll appreciate deserves more capital investment but at the end of the day, we are all individuals with different priorities. Some people want the wedding of the century, some people would rather save the money. I do know of many couples though who wish they had saved the money instead, tee-hee....too late now!

BoeyJoey said...

for us:
1. education for the kids
2. house
3. savings
4. all other things
we didn't spend a lot on our wedding & honeymoon :-).