Thursday, August 5, 2010

Aliyaa-aaaaa here we come!

So, upon returning back to work after my maternity and under a new contract, my colleagues looked at me (like hungry puppy dogs) for me to buy them lunch!

Not sure why my resolve to remain slim seems to have vanished out of the door. I am more than gungho to eat out every lunch, visiting food territories far and near.

Let's start with the near first.

I work in Damansara Heights. And around the corner from my office is this Sri Lankan restaurant called Aliyaa.

Be warned! The curry is really spicy. And this spiciness sticks to the tongue and the throat. So, get some lozenges in place or better still, drink their glorious ice lemon tea after the meal.

I shall start with the ice lemon tea. I mean.....I can taste the tea and not just sugar and lemon!

A typical set meal costs approx. RM 16-18. It comes with the ice lemon tea, main course, desert of the day and coffee/tea.

This is my colleague's lump rice meal. It's vegetarian.

The coffee was seemingly good. But we skipped the desert of the day.


My other colleague's mutton set meal.

I thought the mutton tasted like spicy 'sweet and sour'.

And my meal. I didn't go for the set coz

I wanted to eat their bread and try the beef curry.

Overall, I think we will be going there again for the next farewell. It's near and we have a few things on the menu which we still want to try.

5 comments:

reanaclaire said...

hi ann, the meal looks good esp the last one... :)

mNhL said...

wah....everything looks so yummy. I love spicy food but the way you described kind of scare me off. hehe... stick to tongue and throat somemore. haha

smallkucing said...

Ann


The restaurant address please...wanna go....so yummy la the food..saw your colleague's rice...yum yum..vegetarian pun vegetarian la

Irene said...

wah, the mutton set meal is really huge portion. i used to work in DH area too, but unfortunately we never tried out aliyaa... haha! food definitely looks yummylicious there! welcome back to work, mommy!

Mummy Gwen said...

Wow...soooo yummy. I like the last one. :)