Sunday, August 15, 2010

The concept of

The concept of some things are slightly different these days.

The concept of free time.
With just one kid, I consider myself having free time when he falls asleep. Now my concept of free time is if none of the kids are crying.

The concept of what is expensive
I used to consider things expensive if they will not be put to full use. Now I get stuff even though only a little benefit can be accrued from them.

The concept of love
Love is not how often my kids say 'I love you mummy' but how quickly they calm down when I carry and talk to them.

The concept of safety
It is not how high they climb or how wide the gap they jump. But that they watch where they are climbing and how far the gap is before they jump.

The concept of long life
I don't really care how much I gain for myself in the next 47 years. But that I live healthily for the next 47 years to see my daughter become 46 years old.

16 comments:

reanaclaire said...

in that case, i will wallop more now.. so scared of gaining weight, though i already have.. now hearing it from u, i dont have to worry so much.. :)

Mamapumpkin said...

Oh, I would LOVE to see my daughters turn 46 too. Nice post.

Mummy Gwen said...

Well said, Ann. :) I want to live healthily and watch my daughter grow up too.

Baby Darren said...

me too...perspective of life has changed so much after the arrival of No.2.

Now, as long everyone is healthy and happy, nothing I will ask for anymore.

smallkucing said...

interesting. Hmm...never thought of that till you mention them

Irene said...

I hope my mom can live long enough to see me turn 46, and me to see my girl turn 46... and more!

Shireen Loh said...

how true! our perspective of life and about life changed so much after kids. Great post!

MeRy said...

I just hope everyone will stay healthy..

Dora said...

Yeah we may look at it differently at a different phrase of life. Stay healthy to see the kids grow-up is all parents wish :-)

Jaanvi said...

very well said

andrewjune said...

yeah this is a very great write up...:)

Jen Cheung said...

yes yes totally agree!! need to be healthy for the next 47 years :):)

have a nice day!
jen @ www.charmoflife.ca

mommy to chumsy said...

can't agree more. i like this post Ann :) i want to live healthily and see Ashley get married and have kids too :)

Julie said...

Good one. Thanks for sharing.

mNhL said...

This is so true and touching !!!

I do hope my parents will have good health so they can see me 'grow up' and I to have good health so I can see my kids growing up. It is every parents' wish.

Ponytail said...

I better start thinking real hard now..LOL!
Thanks for sharing ;)