Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Drive or co-drive

Today my colleague and I made our way to Hilton KL Sentral to pick up the mooncakes. It's quite a mess getting to Hilton KL Sentral for those who have no reason going to that area.

Usually I am at that area only to drop hubby at Sentral Train Station. So my colleague and I made a few turns to arrive at Hilton Hotel lobby.

My mooncakes!


From the top, the mooncakes I bought are: Red Lantern, snow skin Kirsch lotus paste with cheese and raspberry ; Yellow Moon, brandy flavoured lotus paste, violet flower essence and chocolate ; Blue Moon, snow skin Amaretto lotus paste with blueberry cheese Feuilantine ; And 2 mixed nuts baked mooncake at the bottom.

This is Hilton Chynna's awesome wooden box. Seems the cost of the box is already about RM20+. I paid (after staff discount) a whopping RM 83 from this loot.

Will put up more pics when I cut them up.

As we were driving there, she commented that my driving seems to have changed. Very mild these days. Well...

I was driving her around for about 1 hour waiting in the car all the time while she did some errands and bought lunch. She asked if I was tired driving like that.

I said that I wasn't really tired even though we had to do several rounds before we got to the place we wanted to go, the roads being one way and we were unfamiliar with the place. But I realised that what I didn't like about being the driver was my lack of control.

"Lack of control in what?" you may ask.

Well....as the driver you have to rely on your co-driver to give you directions in an unfamiliar place. So there is a certain amount of reliability you need from yoru co-driver. And if she is not the kind to be aware of things, you will find yourself going round and round, hitting dead ends and U-turning alot.

So, now....do you consider yourself being more in control at the wheel or at the side of the driver?

9 comments:

reanaclaire said...

as for me, i m in control cos i m used to driving alone.. :)

cleffairy said...

If you're behind the wheel, never let others instruct you, unless you're on Mars! LOL.

Mummy Gwen said...

I think I feel the same way as you. Most of the time I drive alone.

BoeyJoey said...

I feel myself more in control when I'm behind the wheels :-).

mommy to chumsy said...

oh i love the wooden box. it's beautiful :D err...i seldom drive..only around the neighbourhood :D

Jen Cheung said...

i dont drive lah. so wouldn't know what to suggest!

have a lovely day!
jen @ www.charmoflife.ca

Mamapumpkin said...

Definitely as the driver!

smallkucing said...

wow...

mooncakes boxes are getting to be more innovative by the yeear

andrewjune said...

wow! rm 83 just for the mooncakes? they can be pricey but what the heck, it's only once a year :)

i'm used to be driving alone :)