Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Hepatitis B

Have you checked recently if you are immunized against Hep B? For some people the immunization level can drop leaving you compromised.

Recently someone close to me was diagnosed with Hep B. Reactive to Antigen e which indicates that the virus is multiplying.

Anyone has any stories they know about people being a chronic carrier and still living life till their old age? At least something I can share with this person that might bring her comfort.

Have you checked yourself recently?

7 comments:

smallkucing said...

cham..I have yet to get the jab.

Actually am not sure what is Hep B.

Will have to go and get the jab liao.

Past few weeks I kena jabbed so many times till takut already.c Will be posting about it tomorrow.

lynette said...

Ann, my dad recently diagnosed with Liver cancer. He just done his ops yesterday.
current blood test shown he has no hep B virus.... and antigen was active. But more detail test was done and found out my dad did once infected with Hep B virus but somehow the body fight and now no longer has it...
So tell your friend, there is something she can do about it... trust doctor..

reanaclaire said...

yes..yearly check up..hep B is included.. got immunity still ..thanks for reminder

Mummy Moon said...

Hmm, I didnt check mine too...

Mummy Gwen said...

Sorry to know bout your friend's case. I need to check mine too coz I had the jab since I was in secondary school.

Dora said...

yes Hep B is included in my "once in 2 years" blood check & my immunization level for it is ok :-)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Yea, I do checked my immunization against Hep B and I have jab for it twice.