Monday, August 23, 2010

Looking out @ Waroeng Mas Timoer

We always had trouble keeping Christopher in a car seat or a stroller. Now, he is bargaining with us for his time in the stroller. Which means I have to carry girlgirl and he closes himself up in the stroller pretending he is in a spaceship.

However, sharing a car seat is totally ridiculous. And he doesn't want to sit on the toddler 'harnass' we got him anymore coz as he puts it "I can't see the tyres or the road or the grass mummy!"

So lest Caylee's carseat breaks under his oversized bum, we got him a new car seat 2 weeks ago.



The top pic is Christopher trying to fit into Caylee's car seat. And the bottom pic is of course his new comfortable car seat which as he puts it "can put drink at the side wan!".

And last weekend, we tried out a new restaurant in Sunway Giza. My treat to my inlaws (and 2nd bro in law tagged along) and my hubby for his birthday!


Tried this new Indonesian restaurant : Waroeng Mas Timoer



Top row : Nasi Goreng Indonesia for sonny boy (Rm9.30) and Nasi Timbel Komplit for BIL (RM14.90)
Mid row : Flying fish (RM 35.90) and Cumi-Cumi/squid (RM19.90)
Bottom row : (don't know what is that) and grilled chicken (RM 19.80)

We also ordered Lamb Topside (RM16.90) and Tumis Kangkung (RM7.90) and Sup Ekor (RM12.90).

LOVED and I repeat LOVED the lamb. It was tender, falling off the bone and well marinated GREAT !!! The flying Siakap fish was nothing special to me. Just fried to the bone. The squid was alright albeit a bit too chewy, it being squid.

If ever I go again, I would really just order the lamb and eat that all up by myself. And my utter surprise really was that each plate of rice in this premise is RM2.50. So, think carefully before ordering rice!

Tommorrow I am going to get hubby another birthday present - Chynna Hilton's snow skin mooncakes. Will blog about that when I get it. Heard the box is really awesome and well, hubby didn't get to eat his snow skin mooncakies last year. Yeah....it's all about the food this year.

11 comments:

MeRy said...

The info food looks nice..but bit pricey especially the white rice.

smallkucing said...

ya should get him new car seat .

mNhL said...

Haha...can't see the grass and road. Cute answer by Christopher.

Nice food........wow...u make me wanna eat the lamb....haha...

Happy belated B'day to your hubby :D

eugene said...

I have to say Kudos to you for taking the Safety First approach especially while ferrying children in the car, a lot of parents would not do what you do,no baby seat, no fastening of belts, somemore can play in the car while the care is in motion,,,

thank you

mommy to chumsy said...

Mmm...yummy food :) hey, no photos of caylee?

Mummy Gwen said...

The real Indon food looks better..hehe...no offence :P That's the way they fry their fish...very crispy.

That's something different huh..mooncakes as your Hub's birthday present..must be delicious.

LittleLamb said...

Talking about mooncakes. I wanted to order the HK Peninsula Hotel's mooncake, rated to be the best in HK.. 2 days after launch..fully sold out. It seems that they make 40,000 mooncakesn yet sold out :(

Let me go try this Hilton's one.

Dora said...

I guess there are things we shared in common ~ I love lamb (but I avoid eating red meat too frequent) while my hubby prefer snow skin mooncakes to the rest :-)

BoeyJoey said...

My kids are opposites... do not like to sit on carseats! The food looks yummy. I love the snowkin variety of mooncakes too. Others seem too heavy for me.

Jen Cheung said...

woahhh! a lot of yummy food wor!!! yum yum.

have a lovely day!
jen @ www.charmoflife.ca

andrewjune said...

happy belated bday to ur hubby...hope he ehjoyed the snow skin mooncake you bought for him :)