Thursday, September 30, 2010

The King's Christmas List by Eldon Johnson

Lovely. Marvellous. True. Opportunistic. Appropriate.

These words come to mind as I read ‘The King's Christmas List’, another great book compliment of Booksneeze. It's a great book for kids below 8 and IDEAL for me. The pictures within the page are well drawn, colourful and relate exactly to the words being read.

It’s a simple story really, about Emma and her dog Shu Shu who got invited to the King’s Birthday party. They got a gift ready, of course. But on the way, circumstances caused them to give away the gift, as well as Emma’s prize possession.

Every page within this simple story line gave me ways to further elaborate God’s goodness and mysterious ways to my kids. I never knew a children’s book could be narrated so simply yet hold so much hidden meaning within.
I would definitely recommend this book to all parents who have toddlers. And I would even go so far as to say I would be buying this book for other children as a Christmas present this year.

Can't wait to read it with my son tonight.

Wonderful. Priceless.

1 comment:

smallkucing said...

my son love it too. Saw the carriage picture he said "go gai gai ah?"