Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Outlive Your Life by Max Lucado

Ever felt the need to make a difference in the world? I feel that all the time actually. But recently, I have been slumbering, thinking perhaps I can concentrate my ‘difference’ to bringing up my kids well. Perhaps that is sufficient. Perhaps that is my ‘calling’ in life. But I know deep within, the difference I can potentially make could be far greater than that if I would, as Max Lucado puts it, ‘Outlive my Life’.

I got a copy of this book free from Booksneeze. And in the first chapter itself, I realized the appropriateness of the title. That any difference we make should out live our life. The impact of it would last generations to come. And it helped to be reminded that God does call us regular Joes and that he allows for people to come together to see His purpose through. I never did realize that it is God’s command that we do things together, never alone.

Read this book. It will surely open your heart and mind to the possibilities of making a difference in your life. For me, I just gave a friend an open invitation to my house for dinner anytime.

1 comment:

smallkucing said...

You've received your book.

Looks like it's a good book too :D